Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Zagsblog on Evan Mahaffey.

He had a Zoom call with Indiana’s coaching staff on Sunday, July 26.  “That was with coach [Archie] Miller, coach [Tom] Ostrom and coach [Bill] Comar,” he said.  “They just talked about how they like the way I play, how I play the game and how they want to see me play in-person. But if they can’t, they’re going to keep watching me play online. They just talked about how their campus is, their business school, how intelligent I am about the game and stuff like that.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/03/class-of-2022-guard-evan-mahaffey-holds-three-offers/

Update on Will Lovings-Watts.  No indication he won't be playing for Jeffersonville this season after having left the team at mid-season.

“I’m talking to them every day,” Lovings-Watts told The Daily Hoosier.  “I had a zoom call with Archie Miller last week.”  Lovings-Watts talks to Miller along with assistant coach Mike Roberts.  The IU staff has made it clear during Miller’s tenure that they will prioritize the state’s top talent, and they have let Lovings-Watts know that he is part of that equation.  “They are just saying that they are really interested in me, and that I am one of the top players in Indiana and they are taking notice of that,” Lovings-Watts said.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-guard-will-lovings-watts-hearing-from-indiana-daily/?fbclid=IwAR3TpjgOWbj-NDKcGyK7emQOPQl6J_Crr8CAbF480YYRFzKbPMpOBZwOaQQ

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Update on Will Lovings-Watts.  No indication he won't be playing for Jeffersonville this season after having left the team at mid-season.

“I’m talking to them every day,” Lovings-Watts told The Daily Hoosier.  “I had a zoom call with Archie Miller last week.”  Lovings-Watts talks to Miller along with assistant coach Mike Roberts.  The IU staff has made it clear during Miller’s tenure that they will prioritize the state’s top talent, and they have let Lovings-Watts know that he is part of that equation.  “They are just saying that they are really interested in me, and that I am one of the top players in Indiana and they are taking notice of that,” Lovings-Watts said.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-guard-will-lovings-watts-hearing-from-indiana-daily/?fbclid=IwAR3TpjgOWbj-NDKcGyK7emQOPQl6J_Crr8CAbF480YYRFzKbPMpOBZwOaQQ

He says that he projects himself as a SG. Better beef up those numbers in fg% especially 3pt% or I would take a pass.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To be clear, he told me that he IS playing for Jeff this season.

55 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Evan Mahaffey -

Mahaffey entered the national rankings for the first time recently, landing at No. 143 at 247Sports for the class of 2022.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-evan-mahaffey/

No opinion of his game, but that is one long kid. He has defensive menace written all over him.

More news on Kamari Lands.  Leaving La Lumiere to transfer to Prolific Prep in California per 247Sports.

One of the top wings in the 2022 class holds five offers as he makes his way west to continue prep school.

Kamari Lands, a 6-foot-8, 195-pound wing, is transferring from La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere Prep to Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep for his junior season.

“Kamari will transfer to Prolific Prep of Napa Christian this upcoming season and is one of the country's elite shot makers in the class of 2022,” said Prolific Prep director Philippe Doherty.

“Kamari's size as a guard at 6-8 coupled with his IQ and ability to make shots translates well in the game today. Kamari is one of the better shooters nationally in the class of 2022.”

Lands is the 36th rated 2022 prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, holding offers from DePaul, Miami (Ohio), Syracuse, Texas Tech and Xavier.

According to Kamari’s father, Chaka Lands, the recruitment remains open at this time.

“Everyone has done a good job making sure Kamari is a priority,” Chaka said. “Everyone has established their connection with him and let him know how important he is to them.”

Development on and off the court will be important in Lands’ recruitment.

“Kamari wants a coach he can learn from, he wants to help win, and wants a coach who will help him mature as a player and as a person," said Chaka.

Nick Baumgart @Nick_Baumgart

Lawrence North 6'5 junior CJ Gunn (2022) had a big day at Battle of the Brands.  3-and-D prospect.  Big-time length and stroke.  Purdue, Ohio St, Louisville, Illinois, Cincinnati, Kansas St, Belmont, Valpo in contact since Sat.  IU in touch last week, according to his father Chris.