Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He appears to have grown enough to be a high level size player (provably up to 6’00”) Real athleticism and high competitive mindset. Jump shot still needs work, but his stroke looks ‘improvable’.

I’m thinking he’s the real deal.

Archie says he’s going to Mr. Basketball.  Archie has confidence. 

On 7/9/2020 at 12:40 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Joe Hurlburt is a 6'10" center from Enderlin HS in Enderlin, ND.  Nothing on 247 or Rivals.  

MaxPreps

HUDL

June 2020 Article

Background from Alex Bozich

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/14/class-of-2022-big-man-joe-hurlburt-hearing-from-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR1yr4l8TEeVYlza7GWet3rv2tV41GpkuHVwqGgykVAMvwdjrXeA9KN0mzE

Good story on '22 PG Leland Walker who attends North Central HS in Indpls.

Before anyone knew what happened, Walker had stormed full speed down to the other end and scored, defenders left waving away the smoke from the Independence Day explosion.  It was like Walker had been shot out of a cannon, fueled by anger.  The scenario seemed to play out multiple times that day.  You piss off Walker — you pay.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-is-intensifying-its-recruitment-of-2022-in-state-guard-leland-walker/?fbclid=IwAR3veXW5UQ7xT-zYb-vvJV4y1j822SI763gKKmJy7AhpIqEXPotj50pzHP0

Earlier this month we were referenced as "involved" with Huff in a 247Sports story from Brian Snow and Josh Gershon talking about unranked '22 prospects.   Here's another story on Huff from TheDailyHoosier.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-braden-huff/?fbclid=IwAR0nJbl3vLSKTBqXB_9G78YA7ntTc2l0lsHmZKoN0rzhWgaZ98SHHXDFMZg

Braden Huff is a 6'9" PF on Rivals or a SF on 247 attending Glenbard West HS in Glen Ellyn, IL.  

Rivals

January '20 Article

HUDL

Back at the end of June, we were mentioned in connection with Tre Holloman and this yesterday from Eric Bossi -- Very much liked what I saw out of 2022 PG Trejuan Holloman of Howard Pulley today.  Dialed in as an off the dribble scorer and setup guy.  Disruptive on defense thanks to long arms, quick reflexes.  Looks very coachable.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Playing for Jordy’s AAU program!

Wauwatosa (Wis.) East 2022 small forward Leon Bond had some impressive moments during Saturday's opener at the Prep Hoops Midwest Showdown.  Bond scored 12 points to go along with seven rebounds, three blocks, and two assists.

Bond holds an early offer from UW-Milwaukee. He's also receiving interest from Wisconsin, Virginia, Northwestern, Butler, and more. UW assistant coach Joe Krabbenhoft first reached out to Bond earlier this summer.

"They heard that I'm a good kid and said Wisconsin is just a great school," Bond stated. "They talked about how cool it is to stay in-state and play at Wisconsin. You get the best of both worlds there.

No shortage of quality instate PG’s in this class. No matter who we get I bet Purdue manages to get the scrappy 4 year player that hits a few big shots against us though

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Couple of new names included in the link in my previous post.

Jaden Schutt a 4-star 6'5" SG attending Yorkville HS in Yorkville, IL.

Rivals

MaxPreps

HUDL

Trey Pettigrew a 3-star a 6'2" CG attending Fenwick HS in Oak Park, IL.  No MaxPrep data.

Rivals

HUDL

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don’t believe in “must get” kids, but the more I’ve been able to watch of Thornton, my Lord, that kid’s good. Both ends. You win NC’s with kids like him.

Background on North Dakota's Joe Hurlburt.

In their most recent class of 2022 rankings update, 247Sports bumped Hurlburt up to No. 47 in the country overall, and the No. 7 center.  That ranking represented a big move for Hurlburt, who was previously unranked by 247Sports.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-center-joe-hurlburt/?fbclid=IwAR0ucgUjhm7Fz_95-2O4eqwUk0waAxSVCGX7DIvfU4fGsnCUWEzAjiFkHic

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Background on North Dakota's Joe Hurlburt.

In their most recent class of 2022 rankings update, 247Sports bumped Hurlburt up to No. 47 in the country overall, and the No. 7 center.  That ranking represented a big move for Hurlburt, who was previously unranked by 247Sports.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-center-joe-hurlburt/?fbclid=IwAR0ucgUjhm7Fz_95-2O4eqwUk0waAxSVCGX7DIvfU4fGsnCUWEzAjiFkHic

Like this kid a lot.  Reminds me a little of Caleb Furst.  Have I mentioned I hate that Purdue got Furst?  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

Update on C. J. Gunn and his contact with IU.

...IU was one of the first programs to reach out to him on June 15 when college coaches were permitted to begin directly contacting class of 2022 recruits.  “I’ve had a zoom call with coach (Archie) Miller and (Tom) Ostrom. They are showing me high interest and showing me I’m a priority, and I text them every week.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/30/class-of-2022-in-state-shooting-guard-c-j-gunn-ready-to-increase-production-at-lawrence-north/?fbclid=IwAR3uxFONoRHDDT3IkPsr3nas7Em6Dz0iyIzOvKxGlmfQu2ZPWauqN_hi00g