Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nick Baumgart @Nick_Baumgart

Lawrence North 6'6" shooting guard CJ Gunn (2022) had a Zoom call this afternoon with Archie Miller and the Indiana staff, according to his father.

Timely podcast today with Gunn if you are interested.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/listen-iu-basketball-2022-in-state-recruiting-target-c-j-gunn-on-the-hoosier-experience-podcast/

Pretty decent background story on '22 Braden Smith from Westfield HS.  Here's a small snippet.

For the record, Braden is now above six feet tall, and has put on about 19 pounds during quarantine thanks to a rigorous daily workout regime that includes starting at 6 a.m., going through three exercises and eating five meals.  Weight room bests like increasing his maximum bench and squat by over 100 pounds have also been achieved, 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/01/hes-grown-up-quickly-how-braden-smith-is-changing-the-culture-of-westfield-high-school-basketball/?fbclid=IwAR2Lui2LZ1SwcNhH0uDci-Hdh5is93OT661q5AejgVDQ_FyRwTGJd1KHJfo

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this kid is going to be a Hoosier.

See, being able to parse a subtle, non statement like that one is EXACTLY what we’ve missed in your absence.

One of the top class of 2022 prospects in the Midwest is Kamari Lands. A product of La Lumiere High School in LaPorte, Indiana, Lands had a very impressive sophomore season for the Lakers and currently checks in as the No. 37 prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings, though in the 247Sports Top247, he is at No. 27 overall.

The 6-foot-5 Lands showed his scoring ability all year long while playing against one of the toughest schedules in high school basketball.

About his improvement as a sophomore, Lands said, “Being able to play as a sophomore after sitting on the bench as a freshman, I think I did well. We did well as a team, and I definitely got more confident and improved.”

Lands continued, “I think I am getting better there with my creation off the dribble. I showed this year I can catch and shoot, or score using one or two dribbles, but now I can show what I am best at, which is as a creator.”

On the recruiting trail, a long list of programs are already contacting Lands and letting him know that they plan to be consistent in their recruitment of him.

“I heard from Miami, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Xavier, Ohio State, Texas Tech, Georgetown and Marquette,” said Lands.

Lands has had family members go through the recruiting process, so he is familiar with it. However, he says it has been good to get to know the coaches since they could first reach out on June 15.

“It is a new experience, but it has been good,” said Lands. “Being able to talk to coaches, it is definitely a blessing. I am just trying to focus on my game right now and not get caught up in recruiting, but it is good to hear what the schools have to say.”

At this point Lands isn’t focused on making visits or any schools in particular. He will work that out as time goes on, but he does know what factors will be important to him when the time comes to make a decision.

“I am looking for the place that fits me best,” said Lands. “I want to go somewhere where I will be in the best position to succeed. I know what my game is and how I play the best, so I want to see which school will put me in a position to play my game. I am looking for an all-around good school with good academics and a good culture that will be the best place for me.”

Given his ability to track record already, Lands will no doubt see his list get longer before it gets shorter. Expect this to be a longer recruitment with multiple visits.

Another name for the '22 class.

Avery Brown a 6'3" guard who attends Northfield Mount Hermon HS in Northfield, MA.  Brown averaged 6.6 points, 4.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game for the 2019-20 season.  He broke the school’s single game assist record with 17 in a December contest.  Shot 39% on 3's.

Background Story

MaxPreps

Cameron Drummond Q and A with Will Lovings-Watts.  No indications that he won't be back playing at Jeffersonville this next season.

I just talked to Archie Miller the other day. He was telling me how I’m on their radar and how they really like the style I play. They said they want to get me on campus.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/07/q-a-class-of-2022-shooting-guard-will-lovings-watts-talks-iu-recruiting-interest/?fbclid=IwAR3pwB3EAIQ6-TNsCSITmxN_1bhHaNujifbuOYiP4RWRmcCk8H2bKXzpAMY

Update on Reggie Bass formerly at Muncie Central and now at Hamilton Hts. Acad. in Tennessee.

Back in his home state for the summer playing AAU basketball for U16 Team Teague, Bass is also hearing from the local programs as well.  Indiana and Purdue have both been in contact with Bass, and while he moved away for high school, he still has his eye on the top home state programs.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-guard-reggie-bass-has-high-major-offers-and-indiana-interest/?fbclid=IwAR1eFqgUxr906QwKBdOf3FWdZ62Ye3Fn0I3SShCll9bFxzShvCxTB6v5EKU

Names from that link in my previous post, I posted this link earlier on Tre Holloman

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2022-introduction-trejuan-holloman?fbclid=IwAR3klX07DDFLARmh7_zMFkxcZOwe6QA14p5SxQAymmp3yCt7tUsuPJphqyQ

Braden Huff is a 6'9" PF attending Glenbard West HS in Glen Ellyn, IL.  Nothing on 247 extremely limited on MaxPreps.

Rivals

January '20 Article

HUDL

Joe Hurlburt is a 6'10" center from Enderlin HS in Enderlin, ND.  Nothing on 247 or Rivals.  

MaxPreps

HUDL

June 2020 Article

On 5/8/2020 at 12:00 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kyle Filipowski 6'10" from Wilbraham and Monson Academy in Wilbraham, MA.   He averaged 20.1 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 1.0 block per game while shooting 55 percent from the floor overall including 35.4 percent from three-point range.  

New England Recruiting Report ranks him #5 in the New England '22 class and #2 in Massachusetts.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-kyle-filipowski/?fbclid=IwAR22vvhNeTdQlxeg8tjxuC03OweeR52Ebj8oCX1axPRl-zZi4Vxrbr57-BI

MaxPreps

We get mentioned as showing interest along with a lot of others.

https://stockrisers.f5sports.com/s/60/unranked-sophomore-kyle-filipowski-talks-his-national-recruitment-new-acc-school-involved

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier @daily_hoosier

2022 in state guard Leland Walker told me that Indiana has turned up the intensity this week. Contact has gone from not much to daily.

(PG attends North Central HS in Indpls.)

On 7/11/2020 at 4:17 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier @daily_hoosier

2022 in state guard Leland Walker told me that Indiana has turned up the intensity this week. Contact has gone from not much to daily.

(PG attends North Central HS in Indpls.)

He appears to have grown enough to be a high level size player (provably up to 6’00”) Real athleticism and high competitive mindset. Jump shot still needs work, but his stroke looks ‘improvable’.

I’m thinking he’s the real deal.