Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Update on '22 PG Braden Smith from Westfield HS.  He's added 2" in height and now reported at an even 6'.  Dad is 6'3" and mother is 5'8" so adding another inch or two at his age is certainly possible.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-in-regular-contact-with-in-state-2022-point-guard-braden-smith/?fbclid=IwAR2Th7zffd7p_ivF19C5ob1OoK4t3d925gipvTU3VaT5VBfi4h08vW0jx8M

This is an IU player.

VERY good news — seems like it’s meant to be.

Stock Risers on Isaac McKneely-

With the contact period just days away, we highlight some of the 2022 prospects you must keep an eye out for, ones that coaches will immediately call when that clock strikes midnight on June 15th.

Schools in need of a sharpshooter from the 2022 class? Isaac McKneely is your guy. The West Virginia native stands at 6-foot-4 and has an impressive recruitment early into his high school career. Outside of his recruitment, lets talk his game.

44%, that is the percentage of three-pointers that McKneely made on all his attempts, which isn’t a bad number. Point wise, he was seeing around 22.5 points per game and is always an immediate force on offense when the ball is in his hands.

Now, like we mentioned before, his impressive recruitment. McKneely holds early offers from Stetson, Robert Morris, Marshall, Davidson, Xavier, Liberty, West Virginia, Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Ohio University, Louisville, and Maryland.

“The programs with interest include: Virginia, Ohio State, Indiana, NC State, Wake Forest, Georgia, and Purdue,” McKneely told Stockrisers.com.

Subsequent report indicates Archie and staff to speak with McKneely this evening.

McKneely says ‘College coaches love what I have to offer’ and when he says that it could be his impressive skillset, or he could be talking about the 4.5 GPA he put up in the last semester of school. So, both academically and skill wise, this prospect is one that schools will likely immediately jump on.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mildly interesting to me that Isaac McKneely is the only '22 name mentioned in connection with IU recruiting through 10:00 a.m. this morning after the contact period opened last night at midnight. 

The names of the players we're contacting are out there somewhere, and I have little doubt that you will be the guy that finds them!

From Jake Weingarten -

Since midnight, five-star sophomore AJ Casey Jr. has heard from Kansas, Nebraska, Purdue, Georgia, Indiana, and Tulsa.

5-star 6'8" PF from Chicago.  Played his freshman season at Simeon HS and reports are he's since transferred to Tinley Park.   No MaxPreps data available.

Rivals

NBC Sports

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mildly interesting to me that Isaac McKneely is the only '22 name mentioned in connection with IU recruiting through 10:00 a.m. this morning after the contact period opened last night at midnight. 

Alec Lasley reports we're having a zoom meeting with McKneeley later tonight.

41 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Jake Weingarten -

Since midnight, five-star sophomore AJ Casey Jr. has heard from Kansas, Nebraska, Purdue, Georgia, Indiana, and Tulsa.

5-star 6'8" PF from Chicago.  Played his freshman season at Simeon HS and then transferred to Tinley Park.   No MaxPreps data available.

Rivals

NBC Sports

More background on Casey including video links.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-names-to-know-a-j-casey/?fbclid=IwAR2OOwgVlmAwL1ND72QPZjoDaI9T8QzJ2Hoo6gLCMo2pee0V4KCwu8pT1yQ

So as I spent the day following a number of Twitter accounts that keep tabs on recruiting, it seemed like I was seeing Georgia and Ohio State mentioned more than others as having made contact with the '22 class since midnight.  So on a lark, I went back through the Twitter accounts I follow and kept score.

As it turns out, Georgia was only referenced with 11 recruits for contact but did extend an additional 3 offers.  BUT, O$U won the battle going away with 21 reported contacts and no offers extended.

Doesn't mean a thing, but it was kind of interesting to do.

So as I spent the day following a number of Twitter accounts that keep tabs on recruiting, it seemed like I was seeing Georgia and Ohio State mentioned more than others as having made contact with the '22 class since midnight.  So on a lark, I went back through the Twitter accounts I follow and kept score.
As it turns out, Georgia was only referenced with 11 recruits for contact but did extend an additional 3 offers.  BUT, O$U won the battle going away with 21 reported contacts and no offers extended.
Doesn't mean a thing, but it was kind of interesting to do.

Crean is something else. Today was his Christmas. How’d he contain himself to 11?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Crean is something else. Today was his Christmas. How’d he contain himself to 11?

Jared Grasso of Bryant makes Crean look like a 3rd rate amateur when it comes to recruiting.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/16/why-bryant-coach-jared-grasso-extended-136-scholarship-offers-in-one-day/

Top-50 sophomore Trejuan Holloman has heard from Michigan State, Iowa State, Minnesota, Texas, Indiana, Arkansas, Purdue, Ohio State, Iowa, Virginia, Nebraska, he told @Stockrisers.  Minnesota native is a two-sport athlete.   OF Note:  Not sure where Jake gets the Top 50 rating as both 247 and Rivals have him in the 80's.

Holloman is a 6'1" PG attending Cretin Derham Hall HS in Minneapolis, MN.   He's a 3-star on 247 and a 4-star on Rivals FWIW.  No MaxPreps data.

Rivals

Alec Lasley reporting we will have a Zoom meeting with Braden Smith later this week.

I think this is the type of kid IU has been missing for years and is eerily similar to Jordy Hulls (minus the shooting form). I hope we lock this kid up soon before somebody like Duke tries to swoop in and steal him. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t end up in the top 20 of his class. Shoots 40% from 3, crazy b-ball IQ, great passer, and is a competitor. Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app