Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Hopefully Crimson & Cream will be able to make the Muncie vs Kokomo game and see how his view of Reggie Bass compares with what I saw.  Muncie lost to Logansport 75-74.  Bass is listed as 6'4" and although it may be fudged, it compared with other players listed in the 6'2"-6'5" range.  He's slender and my guess was 165 lbs.  My seatmate thought 170-175 but he's just a freshman so likely to definitely add weight and possibly still another inch or two.  Shoots lefthanded but made 2 nice finishing right hand moves at the bucket.  He played roughly 11 minutes of the first half and the entire second half.  He's not the featured ballhandler or primary shooter on a Muncie team that started 1 senior, 3 juniors and Bass.

For the game, I (very unofficially) had him 5-15 on FG's; only 1-9 on 3's; 7-8 FT's for a total of 18 pts.   1 reb; 2 assts; 1 stl and 1 TO.  One of his missed 3's was a desperation heave as time expired.   Can't really comment on his ball handling ability the way the Muncie offense was set up.  He did make a nice move splitting 2 defenders and used his right hand to score and on another occasion drove the baseline and finished with his right hand under the bucket.

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hopefully Crimson & Cream will be able to make the Muncie vs Kokomo game and see how his view of Reggie Bass compares with what I saw.  Muncie lost to Logansport 75-74.  Bass is listed as 6'4" and although it may be fudged, it compared with other players listed in the 6'2"-6'5" range.  He's slender and my guess was 165 lbs.  My seatmate thought 170-175 but he's just a freshman so likely to definitely add weight and possibly still another inch or two.  Shoots lefthanded but made 2 nice finishing right hand moves at the bucket.  He played roughly 11 minutes of the first half and the entire second half.  He's not the featured ballhandler or primary shooter on a Muncie team that started 1 senior, 3 juniors and Bass.

For the game, I (very unofficially) had him 5-15 on FG's; only 1-9 on 3's; 7-8 FT's for a total of 18 pts.   1 reb; 2 assts; 1 stl and 1 TO.  One of his missed 3's was a desperation heave as time expired.   Can't really comment on his ball handling ability the way the Muncie offense was set up.  He did make a nice move splitting 2 defenders and used his right hand to score and on another occasion drove the baseline and finished with his right hand under the bucket.

I'll have to check the schedule, hopefully the game is in Kokomo. For a freshman, it sounds like he's off to a good start though in his development.

Edit: unfortunately the game is in Muncie

16 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I'll have to check the schedule, hopefully the game is in Kokomo. For a freshman, it sounds like he's off to a good start though in his development.

Edit: unfortunately the game is in Muncie

Schedule shows @ Kokomo on 1/18.

No matter, I've talked myself into hopefully making the trip. That is, if I can get off in time. [mention=4127]Uspshoosier[/mention] knows my pain in getting time off around here. Like pulling teeth. 

I hear that. I think maybe you might be developing a cough and feeling sick around 1/18. Only way to get a day off sometimes as a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

I hear that. I think maybe you might be developing a cough and feeling sick around 1/18. Only way to get a day off sometimes as a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Haha yeah luckily I come in every day and do my job without complaining so the supervisors have been cool about letting me off on the rare occasions I've needed it. Should be able to make it happen.

@PrepHoopsIN: What freshmen need to be on your radar this season? We have the answers! Check out our latest 2022 Rankings update!  

Jalen Washington - Gary West Side

Will Lovings-Watts - Jeffersonville

Reggie Bass - Muncie Central

DuVfeloW0AUp86o.jpg

@IndianaElite: Indiana Elite 2022 checks in this week ranked a unanimous #1 in the country! #IEFAMILY

Ben Michael                
Brandon Northern                
Cam Haffner                
Dior Connors                
Ethan Oakley                
Jonathan Efferts                
Max Sullivan                
Nick Klaiber                
Peter Suder                
Will Loving-Watts

Article about Muncie Central’s Reggie Bass receiving honorable mention on the MaxPreps Freshman All-American team. 

I’m looking forward to watching him next season. I’m about a 10-minute drive to the Muncie Fieldhouse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thestarpress.com/amp/3555487002