Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

On 1/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jeremy Foumena is 6'11" 230 lbs. native of Quebec, Canada.  Played '20-'21 for Central Pointe Christian Academy in Kissimmee, FL.  Didn't see anything for him on 247 or Rivals.  In the Prospective Insight article in the link above he indicates he played AAU ball last summer for Georgia Stars, the same AAU program of '23 Coen Carr.   

Nov '21 Article

@Jfoumena1

@Orangevilleprep

Might be looking at an offer to Foumena following his weekend play in Rhode Island.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-names-to-know-2022-center-jeremy-foumena/?fbclid=IwAR3ChY7Wf5_vvOksLc0Y-LkWY4h14h1KA__qPJ1hZACZPvJVdc7tx8b3dr4

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It could move fast if we offer.

A puff piece on Jeremy Foumena:

https://phenomhoopreport.com/dont-miss-out-2022-611-jeremy-foumena-orangeville-prep/

Also -- with Coach Yas apparently in attendance, Foumena's Orangeville team was pretty respectable against IMG Academy yesterday - an 85-71 loss. 

Foumena had 22 points against IMG as Orangeville's leading scorer. That's a strong performance for sure.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

My surprise with this is landing him would mean 4 of our current players, all of whom are eligible to return, would have to leave in order to make room for the incoming recruits.  Guess it shows that the coaches have a pulse on what’s going to happen this off season.

EDIT: upon another 3 minutes of reflection (ha) it illustrates that the staff is not satisfied where we stand in regards to our big men next year.  I much prefer us aggressively filling positions of need vs the Archie days of desperately needing shooters etc but still inexplicably leaving 2 scholarships open.

7 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

My surprise with this is landing him would mean 4 of our current players, all of whom are eligible to return, would have to leave in order to make room for the incoming recruits.  Guess it shows that the coaches have a pulse on what’s going to happen this off season.

Out of seven players: Trayce, Race, Durr, Kopp, Phin, Stewart, and X the chances that at least four leave are very high.

And that's not contemplating a potential transfer from one of the remaining six, which is always a possibility

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Out of seven players: Trayce, Race, Durr, Kopp, Phin, Stewart, and X the chances that at least four leave are very high.

And that's not contemplating a potential transfer from one of the remaining six, which is always a possibility

Yep, it’s going to be an interesting off season.

In the meantime I’m 98% focused on this season…LOL

On 1/25/2022 at 4:42 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The 2022 McDonald's All-American game roster.   The game will be played in Chicago on March 29.

I know I'm late on this, but it just makes me sick that Kansas has 3 of them. It's business as usual for them. Nothing to see here.

I know I'm late on this, but it just makes me sick that Kansas has 3 of them. It's business as usual for them. Nothing to see here.

When we start littering these lists, you’ll know we mean business. Until then, hope for the best and be a good fan, because the top end teams will outsize and out talent us.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app