Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

IPFW, really? 7 finalists: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bugatti, McLaren, Porsche, Yugo

I would imagine that FW was the first to offer?

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hey…you know they say IPFW (now P-FW I think?) is the Purdue of Fort Wayne, Indiana!

Yep.  PFW....Purdue-Fort Wayne.  

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

T.J. Clark, ‘22 SG from Georgia without, if 24/7 is to be believed, a single high major offer, signs with Overtime Elite. Really curious what a deal for a kid like that looks like.

Hey … they’re needing 30 players.

Gotta be some “junior employees” on the low end of the pay scale.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Who do they play against though? I read the article but guess i still just dont really understand the concept. What are these high schoolers being paid so much money to do? Do they play in actual games against other teams or are they being paid to just train with each other? 

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Who do they play against though? I read the article but guess i still just dont really understand the concept. What are these high schoolers being paid so much money to do? Do they play in actual games against other teams or are they being paid to just train with each other? 

They are playing games I’m just not sure who they are playing against. I’ve never heard that part. 

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I believe the original plan was for something like 8 teams of 8-10 players with all  games played at the campus in Atlanta. But I  seem to remember reading something about them also playing some unofficial stuff against Prep schools. It was started by a couple of guys from William Morris, so I imagine player contracts require full representation. So they probably view most of these kids as just expensive lottery tickets. It makes some sense. If 1 of these lower level kids turns out to be Jarrett Culver, they recoup an awful lot from the kids who don’t pop. 

You'll see several familiar names in the players honored by The Circuit most of whom are '22s.  The only player recognized with an IU offer who is still uncommitted is '23 Reed Sheppard named Underclassman POY and named to The Circuit 2nd Team.

The 2021 grassroots basketball season has come to a close, and our team at The Circuit has put together our inaugural 17U All-Circuit teams.  Members from the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL), adidas 3 Stripes Select Basketball (3SSB), Under Armour Association (UAA) and elite  independent programs were eligible for the awards.

https://www.theseasonticket.com/news_article/show/1181257

10 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I’m assuming there’s not a chance we are in his top 3 I don’t think there’s even a thread for him, but we apparently offered.

EF6C7E27-C9C6-4854-AA3C-BFEB1B6B2AEA.png

I think someone was just having a little fun with putting all the logos in the background.  I don't have anything in my records and I don't see a mention of any IU offer on 247, Rivals or ESPN.

42 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think someone was just having a little fun with putting all the logos in the background.  I don't have anything in my records and I don't see a mention of any IU offer on 247, Rivals or ESPN.

Maybe we get shocked tomorrow lol but I don’t think I’ve seen Old Fart get duped…

‘22 SF Josh Reed, who the staff at least did a drive by on, committed to Cincinnati, per Branham. The amount of talent in the Atlanta area is mind-blowing. 
Oh, and since Cincinnati is in this conversation, just a reminder that Wes Miller is gonna be a Guy.