Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Not connected. Banks had been leaning towards IU for a while.

You’ve said this before.

So you think we take or try to take another player at the same position with a similar skill set.

We have Gunn, and Banks. We are looking for a guard, and C. If we take another like wing, it’s a 5 man class. You saying that’s the plan?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You’ve said this before.

So you think we take or try to take another player at the same position with a similar skill set.

We have Gunn, and Banks. We are looking for a guard, and C. If we take another like wing, it’s a 5 man class. You saying that’s the plan?

I don't know, but the Daily Hoosier story says Banks told the coaches 'last week', for what that's worth. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You’ve said this before.

That I’m not sure of and honestly I’m not sure they are. It’s hard to say exactly how many open scholarships will be available but I’m sure the staff has a good idea. Banks is going to be a wing though and the guy offered yesterday will be a 4 in college so they could play together. 

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Any ideas why he announces publicly a week after telling the coaches?

No idea. "But about a week ago, Banks said, he decided that he already had the offer he wanted and knew where he wanted to spend his college career. He called Indiana assistant Yasir Rosemond and told him and coach Mike Woodson that he would be committing to Indiana, then made the announcement on his Twitter account Friday afternoon." TDH story

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ok. Interesting. A 5 man class sounds crazy to me, but hey, it’s Transfer College Basketball league after all. Also, I’ve got my eyes on Gunn.

I imagine a number of the four transfers will use one year of eligibility but not both. TJD will be gone, you’d imagine. And then my guess is Rob and Race might not take their extra year. I don’t think all seven will leave, but all seven could.

Of the six with freshman eligibility, half are unlikely-but-possible draft early entrants, too. They’d really have to blow up, I think those three have two years left each.

Box score from one of the Top 100 games.  IU offeree Ernest Udeh with a double double playing on the Lakers team.  We've taken a pretty hard look at Isaiah Collier (76ers) but have not extended an offer.    Haven't seen any details but Noah Clowney was cited as a top performer in one of today's earlier games.  The format at this camp is skills development in the morning and then games in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Box score from one of the Top 100 games.  IU offeree Ernest Udeh with a double double playing on the Lakers team.  We've taken a pretty hard look at Isaiah Collier (76ers) but have not extended an offer.    Haven't seen any details but Noah Clowney was cited as a top performer in one of today's earlier games.  The format at this camp is skills development in the morning and then games in the afternoon.

https://top100camp.com/stats/

the state for all of the games are here