Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Offers flying out. We might be able to field a Varsity and a JV squad next season. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Its kind of making me nervous thinking we may not be in as good of shape with our main targets as we thought and thats why they keep handing them out 

Its kind of making me nervous thinking we may not be in as good of shape with our main targets as we thought and thats why they keep handing them out 

That’s the natural instinct. Probably true to an extent. Very early. We need a TJD replacement. After that everything is gravy. We need a scorer, and a quality Big man.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s the natural instinct. Probably true to an extent. Very early. We need a TJD replacement. After that everything is gravy. We need a scorer, and a quality Big man.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree but I also think a soph Dubcomb, while a different type of player than TJD, is probably a guy you’ll be able to trust with a bunch of minutes at the 5. (Less so this year but he’s not needed for a ton of minutes this year.)

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

I agree but I also think a soph Dubcomb, while a different type of player than TJD, is probably a guy you’ll be able to trust with a bunch of minutes at the 5. (Less so this year but he’s not needed for a ton of minutes this year.)

good point.  I often overlook Duncomb but he is a very solid player.  Worried how he will do against like-size.  I know he looked great in that game vs Furst who is 6'8"ish.  

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

good point.  I often overlook Duncomb but he is a very solid player.  Worried how he will do against like-size.  I know he looked great in that game vs Furst who is 6'8"ish.  

Team USA has Furst listed at 6"10' 220 for the U19 roster.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Leland Walker of North Central HS announced today he'll transfer to Hargrave Military Academy for his senior season.  Rumors circulating that his high school coach Jason Gardner will be (or already has) resigning to accept a position on the staff at his alma mater Arizona.  

It’s not a rumor about Gardner. It’s a done deal and has been for a couple weeks.

We’ve had some nice visits. But, Missed on Taylor, Missed on my man Flip, “Missed” on Washington.

Really hope we can leverage this NIL into a strong class.

Seem to be in good shape with Banks relatively. Hood-Schafino-? Clowney?

Feel like Gunn, a PG/SG, Wing, and a Big.

My highest interest is in the Wing, and Big. I feel pretty good about our guards.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Okay, new wishlist based on some possibility.

G. Hood-Schifino
Wing. Banks
Center. Iwuchukwu or Clowney.

Based on the offers our guys could come from a whole other lot, but…. It’s a wishlist.

That's my current wish list, also. I had Kyle P as my top choice, but thought it'd be a long shot.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Okay, new wishlist based on some possibility.

G. Hood-Schifino
Wing. Banks
Center. Iwuchukwu or Clowney.

Based on the offers our guys could come from a whole other lot, but…. It’s a wishlist.

JHS is someone I really want. Hoping for Banks too. But I’m ok if we have to use the portal next year also.

28 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I like the strategy on JHS, too, which appears to be to push the cards in. If you miss, as @Stuhoo always says, it’s who you get, not who you don’t. If he’s your guy, though, leave it all out there in the attempt to land him.

And if JHS is who we get, that’d be outstanding 

Do we expect any imminent commits? Not sure if I missed any "I will commit by XX/XX" announcements with any of the kids IU is chasing. Seems everyone has announcement whenever they take a....seat, nowdays.