Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

18 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

It's about time IU started going after "Top Shelf" 7 footers...... well, at least with this new coaching staff, we know Coach Woodson and Co. are going after players of his size.

It looks like this is a guy rated on "potential" instead of actual ability to contribute at the college level. The 247 scouting report talks about how raw he is, decision making, etc.

If he signs with us I'm hoping we don't get a 7' Hanner Perea. But I do have more faith in the current coaching staff when it comes to player development.

https://247sports.com/player/vince-iwuchukwu-46093901/

It looks like this is a guy rated on "potential" instead of actual ability to contribute at the college level. The 247 scouting report talks about how raw he is, decision making, etc.
If he signs with us I'm hoping we don't get a 7' Hanner Perea. But I do have more faith in the current coaching staff when it comes to player development.
https://247sports.com/player/vince-iwuchukwu-46093901/

Projected to Baylor atm. I could see that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It's also about time we offered a guy named "Vince."

Putting aside the whole colonial atrocities origin, boring, generic euro-first names attached to wickedly cool African surnames are unfailingly awesome. 
But he really needs to go by Vincent.

25 minutes ago, Demo said:

Putting aside the whole colonial atrocities origin, boring, generic euro-first names attached to wickedly cool African surnames are unfailingly awesome. 
But he really needs to go by Vincent.

(*said in Beavis and Butthead voice) "Culturally contradictory names are cool."

He's a 2022 forward, he's 6'6" and playing high-level AAU ball, and he's doing it with only one arm. I don't believe IU is interested, but it's worth your time to learn about Hansel Emmanuel:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/05/09/hansel-emmanuel-taking-game-new-heights-missing-arm/

What’s everyone’s dream class? I think mine includes Seth Trimble, Justin Taylor, and Kyle Filipowski for sure. How many will we take in this class?

Dream?

1. Washington/Clowney
2. Filipowski
3. Taylor/Banks
4. TBD- do we need another guard? Are we projected to lose guards? Gunn is already coming

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, ramadden13 said:

What’s everyone’s dream class? I think mine includes Seth Trimble, Justin Taylor, and Kyle Filipowski for sure. How many will we take in this class?

Not including Gunn if we’re talking who we’d want in a dream scenario, though I like his ceiling and think he’s a solid get.
 If we’re assuming 4, in no order of priority:
1) Clowney                          

2) Washington

3) Phillips

4) Avery Brown, though I haven’t watched enough of Trimble  to make a judgement. Maybe I’ll do that today. 

Actually, that is my order of priority. But, the real dream is Bruce Thornton coming to his senses and de-committing from OSU. My favorite ‘22 not named Jalen Duren. 

8 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Is XJ that strong of a pro prospect?

I have listened to X’s interviews and he really doesn’t sound like he wants to do more than one more year of college.

I think we’ll likely lose:  TJD, Phinisee, Race, X, and Kopp. Maybe Stewart too.

I think I’d want:  Filipowski, Trimble, Taylor, Gunn, and Hood-Schifino. Could also turn to the transfer market for one of these spots. Also could use another front court player.

OK, here is my dream class-- Kyle Filipowski, Noah Clowney, Julian Phillips, Justin Taylor, and CJ Gunn. You would still have Bates, Lander, Leal , Galloway and maybe Stewart for the guard spots. A deep and talented squad with size, shooting and athleticism.