Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7th & Bryan

So what's the deal with the jerseys?

I’d love to see an alternate with the script Indiana but I’m not for the names on the back. At all. If a kid brought that up while recruiting my answer would be simple. “We play for the name on the front, but don’t worry, our fans will know your name and number before you play your first game.”

Yes. Give me the Script unis. I want them NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 12/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, mamasa said:

I've seen so many times in recent posts "forget tradition" or "tradition means nothing".  I've also seen people upset that our teams lack "identity".  IU's identity is tradition, like it or not.  I'm not speaking for all, but a lot of the wealthy donors love IU for our tradition.  If we start changing things, I very easily see donations decreasing.  Names on the back are simply not part of what IU does.  

In my opinion, changing the uniforms would be indicative of being on par with other innovative teams that have adapted to the ever changing landscape of college basketball. it would be an indicator of changing our mindset and being the most competitive. I could see changing the uniforms as a precursor to more winning... and more winning = more donations. So I disagree that donations would decrease under new uniforms. In fact I think the opposite would happen.

What tradition though? At this point in time, our tradition is being mediocre. Our history is hanging in the rafters for everyone to see. Time to make a change to bring in a new era of IU basketball under Archie. Get out from the shadows of what happened 30 years ago for the kids now to make their own history. Get some new unis(not alternates, completely new), get a new court design and get kids excited about playing on something fancy looking. It is more likely we continue to be mediocre than be back at the top with Kansas, UNC, Duke and Kentucky. Might as well look nice while being mediocre.

I didn't think anyone could be more negative than gradman. I found him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We don't need new jerseys to be a top program. We've always been able to get talented players to come here. Even Crean did. What we need is a talented coach who can win consistently. Have that and players would come to IU even if they had to play in their pajamas. 

With that said, I'm not against some new jerseys. A couple alt uniforms could be cool, if done right. I just see it low on the list for things the program needs to be successful. 

But it is like that for most young people. We love getting the big time recruits but haven’t witnessed the success. Most don’t even remember the tourney run in 02’. We are well known as a has been. We almost need to rebuild the program like we are new.

We are rebuilding give it time i have been watching iu for long enough to tell that this coach is different and will get on the right track and is looking to pull in the talent to do special things but it takes time. This is not a davis crean type coach. I left sampson out cause I think he could have won here

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

We are rebuilding give it time i have been watching iu for long enough to tell that this coach is different and will get on the right track and is looking to pull in the talent to do special things but it takes time. This is not a davis crean type coach. I left sampson out cause I think he could have won here

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

He absolutely would've won here. May not have won with high character kids but he would've won nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

But it is like that for most young people. We love getting the big time recruits but haven’t witnessed the success. Most don’t even remember the tourney run in 02’. We are well known as a has been. We almost need to rebuild the program like we are new.

That’s fair. Consistency is my thing I miss. I am not over 40 but we used to get pissed about annual 20-23 wins and a 2nd round exit. But that was our floor. Imo that’s probably what we are this year. If that’s our floor then cool. But if it’s this isn’t then we start over. It shouldn’t take us 9 years to get to that deciding point or an extension. I can agree with those that get restless. I feel we will have a good idea by the end of this year and definitely by next year where we stand good or bad. But not this early. I really wish we got that overseas/Canada trip this year like what Duke got. A lot of players with different/new roles this year. We gotta pick up the pace.

That’s fair. Consistency is my thing I miss. I am not over 40 but we used to get pissed about annual 20-23 wins and a 2nd round exit. But that was our floor. Imo that’s probably what we are this year. If that’s our floor then cool. But if it’s this isn’t then we start over. It shouldn’t take us 9 years to get to that deciding point or an extension. I can agree with those that get restless. I feel we will have a good idea by the end of this year and definitely by next year where we stand good or bad. But not this early. I really wish we got that overseas/Canada trip this year like what Duke got. A lot of players with different/new roles this year. We gotta pick up the pace.

Same

21 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We don't need new jerseys to be a top program. We've always been able to get talented players to come here. Even Crean did. What we need is a talented coach who can win consistently. Have that and players would come to IU even if they had to play in their pajamas. 

With that said, I'm not against some new jerseys. A couple alt uniforms could be cool, if done right. I just see it low on the list for things the program needs to be successful. 

It may be low on the list, but it is still ON the list. Lets get a petition started to get these cool alts. I would love a script uni or a old school IU trident like the baseball team has worn in the past.