Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

2 minutes ago, Dhop said:

Anybody have a somewhat realistic player by player report and projected return?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not one out there. Rob is doing some physical activity at least so maybe Maryland. Doesn’t sound like Race or Jerome are even doing that. 

Not one out there. Rob is doing some physical activity at least so maybe Maryland. Doesn’t sound like Race or Jerome are even doing that. 

I know there are reasons not to, but sure would be nice if at least some generalized communication was put out there.
Definitely hoping for Rob by the MD game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, VO5 said:

So as I’m watching the MSU-OSU game, Nick Ward falls hard and hits his head. He stays there for a couple minutes and goes back to the bench eventually, where you can see him rubbing his head continuously.

The hit looked much worse than Rob’s and Ward is back in the game for MSU. My guess is he misses zero time after this. Just things that make you scratch your head in regards to IU vs other schools. 

Yep, we just do things differently here. Other schools don't have to implement a CYA mentality with head injuries because they didn't employ a losing football coach who made kids practice and play with concussions like we did.

In the short segment I heard of Archie’s radio appearance he mentioned waiting on Rob to “feel better”, so I’m not betting on him to see the floor at Maryland. He mentioned McBob still struggling with his back and practicing about 50-60% of the time. Jerome and Race “aren’t available”. He did refer to Jerome’s leg issue as a “condition” and then corrected himself to say “contusion, or however you want to call it”. Those are all loose quotes from my otherwise tired and jumbled brain this morning as I’m best able to recall them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

In the short segment I heard of Archie’s radio appearance he mentioned waiting on Rob to “feel better”, so I’m not betting on him to see the floor at Maryland. He mentioned McBob still struggling with his back and practicing about 50-60% of the time. Jerome and Race “aren’t available”. He did refer to Jerome’s leg issue as a “condition” and then corrected himself to say “contusion, or however you want to call it”. Those are all loose quotes from my otherwise tired and jumbled brain this morning as I’m best able to recall them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

:120:

Archie on Rob: "As of right now, he's not (in a position to play at Maryland.) ... I'm encouraged to see him participate more in practice, but he has not been cleared to do anything full contact yet. He'll have another day today (Thursday), where hopefully we can get him moving in the right direction, but as of right now, there's no indication he'll play for us on Friday." 

On Davis: "De'Ron's still struggling a bit with his mobility. His ankle is sore. He's sorta in and out of practice. I'm hopeful he'll be available to play on Friday. But if he can't, Cliff Moore's gotta get in there and go. Fitzner's gotta give us more." 

On Forrester: "With his ankle, Jake still isn't doing really well." 

Jeez -- with what we had coming into this season and after the Marquette game, I thought we could be a top four team in the B1G and maybe a Sweet 16 NCAA team (I work with a Marquette grad who came up to me after that game and said "Boy, you guys are REALLY good!") ... But with all these injuries, we'll be lucky to finish .500 in the league and get a 9 or 10 seed. It's such a shame to see Romeo's and Juwan's only season together be so average because we're getting so hammered by injuries. 

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You're an optimistic one, aren't you?

I was beginning to think possibly a medical redshirt for next year!

All jokes aside I really hope Rob gets this behind him and gets back to normal, add Race to that as well. Concussions are no joke, my wife had a small skull fracture and concussion about 9 years ago. She still has trouble migraines, loud sounds, and takes seizure meds do to the accident.

As I have hinted at before I think IU has a stricter concussion protocol than most (and I have kind of heard this very second so it may not be accurate but it makes sense). 

Instead of looking at this as a negative I think IU should be commended for being extra careful not to injure someones brain long term. It is aggravating in some ways and Rob probably would be back at other schools (Race is a different deal and I believe that concussion would have kept him out months regardless of where he played) but I like IU being careful. I expect Rob back for either PU or at the latest Michigan but that's a total guess. 

Note the extra careful only seems to apply with head injuries since they let Romeo play through a bruised nose and wrist (he had a band aid on his nose for a game and still has a wrist wrap) and Juwan played next game after the ankle injury he suffered against Northwestern with a wrap for a couple games.

With Deron it is an issue of trying to play through an Achilles injury that is hard to come back from so he is over compensating and injuring other parts of the body as he heals I believe (and a person who is a doctor in my family believes this also although he has no knowledge of team itself). McRoberts back appears to be chronic issue.

In other words we have definitely been bitten by injuries more so than others but besides Rob it has been a lot of bad luck and no different than something any other school has or will go through. Rob and other head injuries are a different deal and IU is most likely over compensating but not sure that's a bad thing.

This anger and being suspicious among fans would all be solved if IU would just come out and say they are extra careful with concussions compared to other teams and they are protecting athletes well being. This is where IU is making an error PR wise not how they are treating concussions.