Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

Did anyone else hear Fisch mention that Hunter probably wouldn't play this year?  It was in the pregame and I was not listening 100% but swear he said it.  I don't know if he just means the next 26 days of 2018, or this season (or if I just misheard it entirely) 

Exactly. Per sources on this board, he was knocked out in practice. So, it seems logical that he's just injured right now in some capacity. I'm confused as to why people would think he's leaving. What actions suggest that? I don't see the connection, unless people are just trying to stir the pot / troll for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Weird that I got a notification for this but Race just started following WVU on Twitter. Could be nothing, could be something.  

078E58AA-7D21-4F96-ABE0-6448CA59A5F2.jpeg

Not sure if it is a big deal, but it looks like a former teammate of Race's (Jordan McCabe) is a freshman at WVU.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is Race still able to lift?  Able to ride a stationary bike. 

Never had a concussion. Just curious if he’s going to be out of shape when he comes back

Hard to say. Every concussion is different. Since he isnt even dressing my guess is serious symptoms and probably no physical activity.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Never had a concussion. Just curious if he’s going to be out of shape when he comes back

My personal experience was than any kind of physical exertion brought on really severe head pain/nausea.  Took a long time to totally disappear.

Typical protocols include brain rest and cessation of physical activity until symptoms are at that very least mild and not easily reproducible, but ideally resolved. This means extra rest/sleep, limited reading and screen time, low lights, etc until daily life is well-tolerated. Then you start a cautious and stepwise approach to the return to physical activity, monitoring symptoms along the way. Should symptoms be easily triggered or worsen, the athlete reduces the level of exertion until tolerated, ideally until they are asymptomatic, before increasing activity again. There's a good chance he'll be out of shape when he's finally cleared, depending when they want to grant it. They could clear him for re-conditioning and use that for further confirmation before granting the clearance for full return to play, which would be the safest course and essentially what I described above. In that case he could be in decent shape whenever he sees the floor again.

The perceived severity of the hit doesn't always coincide with severity or duration of symptoms, but it gives a general idea of what the player and training/medical staff could be dealing with. Appropriate evaluatuon and honesty of the athlete are key during return to play. Based on the lengthy return it's safe to say our staff is handling this correctly. Best wishes to Race for a full recovery and safe return!

I can tell you that Race about ran over my wife before the UC-Davis game on one of those foot propelled scooters. She was pretty excited about it. I’m no Doctor but he didn’t seem to worried about his head zipping through the parking lot without a helmet.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I can tell you that Race about ran over my wife before the UC-Davis game on one of those foot propelled scooters. She was pretty excited about it. I’m no Doctor but he didn’t seem to worried about his head zipping through the parking lot without a helmet.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
So what do you make of his injury then? I am a idiot and do my fair share of reckless stuff but i would think with concussion symptoms team docs would not recommend that type of thing with or most definitely with out. I dont want to give conspiracy theorists traction but this makes me wonder

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

So what do you make of his injury then? I am a idiot and do my fair share of reckless stuff but i would think with concussion symptoms team docs would not recommend that type of thing with or most definitely with out. I dont want to give conspiracy theorists traction but this makes me wonder

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/12/10/news-and-notes-from-archie-millers-radio-show-17/
Update on Race from Archie’s show tonight

Thanks ups i was listening on my way home from setting up stage for kids Christmas play but i turned it off cause wife and kids was annoyed cause it didn't come on good enough on am station lol. Thanks again. I had a archie radio show thread we should find it and bring it back so much good info

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Thanks for the link.  Just feel terrible for Race and Jerome.  Hard to think what this team would be like if both of them were 100% this season.  Get well soon guys!

My first thought was exactly that, why wasn’t he wearing a helmet. I am sure it doesn’t mean anything though. Just an 18 year old boy being an 18 year old boy. I am sure I would have been doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app