Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

That would be great news we will need him Tuesday night for sure

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If he isn’t available I hate to think about how Tuesday night will turn out. Romeo would have to do superhuman things and Fitzner will have to hit from long...a lot...for us to have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

If he isn’t available I hate to think about how Tuesday night will turn out. Romeo would have to do superhuman things and Fitzner will have to hit from long...a lot...for us to have a chance.

and somebody (maybe Davis) will have to keep Watkins from going crazy inside. if Juwan plays I think we have a good shot of doing that.

I can speak from personal experience having suffered a serious concussion in my mid-20's.  I missed 2 full weeks of work and could only work half days for another week and even after 3 weeks, I had to be very careful not to make sudden moves or I would get excruciating headaches/dizziness.   I was a pencil pusher so my job was not a physical job in any way similar to the physical activity a college bball player goes through.  I think in all, it was close to 6 weeks before aftereffects were behind me.  I believe I read the cause of Race's concussion was a knee to the head and in this day and age, doctors and trainers are simply not going to take any chances.  I've had 3 surgeries in my life, and I would gladly trade those recoveries over that of a concussion.
So having bared my soul, feel free to comment "oh, a concussion in his 20's, no wonder he's looney in his 70's."

No judgment here, Old Fart. I had a similar experience, though in my early teens. Felt nauseous with very simple movements for awhile. In high school, my best friend took a charge and hit his head so hard that he went rigid and started seizing. Scary stuff. Anyway, he was recovering for weeks. Docs ended up telling him he shouldn’t play anymore and that if he had another concussion (he had had 3 or 4) that there was a 50/50 chance of permanent damage or even death.