Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

54 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

We will be getting McBob back tomorrow night and we have been missing his intangibles/defense/leadership mightily since he's been out. I don't think most realize that he's lead us in efficiency in the games he's played and nobody has come close to him. He's going to make a HUGE difference for us! He won't be rattled at Duke either having been there several times already to watch his brother. Is there a chance we try to play a 2-3 and have them beat us with the 3? Otherwise we risk them driving at will and JMo getting in quick foul trouble early. I think I'm more optimistic than most in this game and don't think we'll get killed as bad as most think. I think we'll come to play and Archie will have a strong game plan ready and keep this within 12-15.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is quite literally zero chance of us playing a zone. 

The packline is designed to give help on drivers, and is most susceptible to quick perimeter passing leading to open threes. In other words, our base defense is well-suited to play against Duke.

Selected bits and pieces from Archie on the radio today -

Archie Miller talking about Duke: "It's a mindset. Physically you have to be ready. Mentally, you have to be ready."

Archie Miller on what he remembers about playing at Duke as a player at NC State: "Not many wins."

Miller: "Anyone who is a little worried about going down there probably shouldn't go."   [Well, I hadn't planned on going anyway.  lol]

Miller: "Defensively, I thought you saw some real slippage." (referring to UC Davis game)

Devonte Green and Zach McRoberts did non-contact work in practice yesterday. If no setbacks in practice today, could be back in rotation for Duke, or Big Ten start at worst, per Archie.

MIller on Duke's freshmen: "I don't see three guys or two guys out there rolling there eyes at another guy. That's the thing you're always so impressed with with Duke regardless of their team is their chemistry."

Archie says De'Ron Davis has been dealing with soreness, and also general soreness just related to building conditioning as he plays. Has practiced well recently.

[Ah, the question many of us have asked}  Miller asked why Forrester and Moore haven't played much. Said they're comfortable with what they have in an interior rotation, but says they've played well and they could get more minutes soon.  Further quoted that "they are chomping at the bit" for minutes.

Archie Miller says he hasn't seen NET rankings. "Those numbers are dictated by what you do. If you pay attention to them all the time, you can kind of get caught up in it. You have to control what you can control."

Miller said defensively, fatigue on the perimeter is leading to breakdowns, but it will be much better when Green and McRoberts are available again.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Selected bits and pieces from Archie on the radio today -

Archie Miller talking about Duke: "It's a mindset. Physically you have to be ready. Mentally, you have to be ready."

Archie Miller on what he remembers about playing at Duke as a player at NC State: "Not many wins."

Miller: "Anyone who is a little worried about going down there probably shouldn't go."   [Well, I hadn't planned on going anyway.  lol]

Miller: "Defensively, I thought you saw some real slippage." (referring to UC Davis game)

Devonte Green and Zach McRoberts did non-contact work in practice yesterday. If no setbacks in practice today, could be back in rotation for Duke, or Big Ten start at worst, per Archie.

MIller on Duke's freshmen: "I don't see three guys or two guys out there rolling there eyes at another guy. That's the thing you're always so impressed with with Duke regardless of their team is their chemistry."

Archie says De'Ron Davis has been dealing with soreness, and also general soreness just related to building conditioning as he plays. Has practiced well recently.

[Ah, the question many of us have asked}  Miller asked why Forrester and Moore haven't played much. Said they're comfortable with what they have in an interior rotation, but says they've played well and they could get more minutes soon.  Further quoted that "they are chomping at the bit" for minutes.

Archie Miller says he hasn't seen NET rankings. "Those numbers are dictated by what you do. If you pay attention to them all the time, you can kind of get caught up in it. You have to control what you can control."

Miller said defensively, fatigue on the perimeter is leading to breakdowns, but it will be much better when Green and McRoberts are available again.

I was told specifically that these kids are young and don’t suffer from Fatigue. Why is Miller lying to us. Fatiguegate#

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I was told specifically that these kids are young and don’t suffer from Fatigue. Why is Miller lying to us. Fatiguegate#

No one said that they don't suffer fatigue. It's just not an excuse for the pathetic performances the past two games. 

I think he's basically unplayable against Duke even if he's healthy. He can't guard anyone. 
If he's healthy, he's a big body if nothing else. More confidence in DD in a big game like this at this time than Moore or Jake. If fouls are an issue, I want De'Ron on the floor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

If he's healthy, he's a big body if nothing else. More confidence in DD in a big game like this at this time than Moore or Jake. If fouls are an issue, I want De'Ron on the floor.

And we all know they will be. We will absolutely be in foul trouble, just a matter of whether it is minimal enough to keep them on the floor. Like 2 fouls on Morgan in the first half might be a given, just can’t pick up the 2nd one 5 minutes in or it could be a long wait for the 2nd half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And we all know they will be. We will absolutely be in foul trouble, just a matter of whether it is minimal enough to keep them on the floor. Like 2 fouls on Morgan in the first half might be a given, just can’t pick up the 2nd one 5 minutes in or it could be a long wait for the 2nd half

Maybe DD for a couple 5 min spurts and let him get a couple hard attention getting fouls....

Least excited I’ve been about a big game in a long time. Crazy. But when it feels like we are 20 point underdogs and have a win probability of about a half percent it’s hard to not protect my emotions.

I know we are trying to build a program up but I hope I didn’t have to feel so hopeless in a matchup ever again....

I

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Wish we were healthy

IF IU was at home and IF they were completely healthy and IF they hadn't showed so poorly recently, I would feel pretty good about this game. As it is, I agree with the consensus: Coach K will order up 13-14 1st half fouls to avoid any semblance of a threat. 

Duke is more talented, but IU is deeper (again, when healthy) and actually more experienced......sounds like a conspiracy but there is NO way "they" let Dook lose 2 in row, especially at home on ESPN. 0% chance of that, even if IU was up to it. Call me less than optimistic. 

Archie Miller talking about Duke: "It's a mindset.”

Tom Crean public speaking 101. Don’t do it Arch!

They’re coaches. They pretty much all say the same cookie cutter material. One of the coaches just burned through everyone’s patience.