Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Baseball 2019 Recruiting Class

North’s Steele commits to Indiana

Dylan Steele plays once every year at Bart Kaufman Field as part of the Bloomington North-Bloomington South rivalry.

Steele, the rising junior for North, will be playing at Indiana’s baseball venue a whole lot in a couple of years. He committed to the Hoosier baseball program on Friday night.

“It’s always been a dream of mine to go to IU and play for my hometown,” Steele said. “I think it’d be cool to support my hometown. I’ve lived here my whole life as a Hoosier.”

Steele was a first-team all-area selection for the Herald-Times as a sophomore, batting .408 with a .507 on-base percentage and seven doubles. The righty also led the Cougars with 45 strikeouts on the mound.

Steele said the Hoosiers view him as a two-way player, for now, with the ability to play the outfield or pitch. He is on the same travel team as Columbus North’s Parker Maddox, who is also committed to Indiana.

IU coach Chris Lemonis has been scooping up lots of area talent lately. Linton’s Kip Fougerousse committed to the Hoosiers last weekend. Bloomington South’s Alex Franklin, a rising senior pitcher, has also been committed to IU. South’s Tyler Van Pelt will be a freshman for the Hoosiers this coming season.

Staying at home made sense for Steele.

“I love the campus, the campus is beautiful,” Steele said. “The new facilities are nice. The new scoreboard they are putting in, that should be very nice. It all just feels like home to me, because I’ve been here for so long.”

#7 for '19 on Monday. OF Garrett Manous - Munster, IN.

@gmanous28: Blessed to announce that I've committed to Indiana University to further my baseball and academic career. Can't wait to rep the home state

Perfect Game

Prep Baseball Report

#10 for '19 last night. LHP Jack Walker - New Palestine, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

@jackwalker_19: Blessed to say I will continue my academic and baseball career at Indiana University! I want to thank all coaches that recruited me and my family and friends who have helped and supported me along the way. Go Hoosiers!

Mercer and staff picked up our first commit on Thursday - '19 1B/RHP Blayne Deaton. Here's an updated list for now. Avery Short, Kurtis Byrne, Daylen Lile, Parker Maddox, Julian Greenwell and Cole Gilley have decommitted so far.

2019 (7 as of 8/11/18)

LHP Jack Walker - New Palestine, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

RHP Dylan Steele - Bloomington North, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

RHP Reese Sharp - Noblesville, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

1B/RHP Blayne Deaton - Tates Creek, KY - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

3B Paul Toetz - Greendale, WI - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

OF Ethan Vecrumba - Edgewood, IN - Perfect Game //

OF Garrett Manous - Munster, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

On 8/11/2018 at 9:32 AM, ccgeneral said:

Mercer and staff picked up our first commit on Thursday - '19 1B/RHP Blayne Deaton. Here's an updated list for now. Avery Short, Kurtis Byrne, Daylen Lile, Parker Maddox, Julian Greenwell and Cole Gilley have decommitted so far.

2019 (7 as of 8/11/18)

LHP Jack Walker - New Palestine, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

RHP Dylan Steele - Bloomington North, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

RHP Reese Sharp - Noblesville, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

1B/RHP Blayne Deaton - Tates Creek, KY - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

3B Paul Toetz - Greendale, WI - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

OF Ethan Vecrumba - Edgewood, IN - Perfect Game //

OF Garrett Manous - Munster, IN - Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

CC, you do a great job. I just wanted to point out that the 3 JUCO kids we have committed will all be on campus this fall. They are part of the "2018" recruiting class and will be graduating from IU in "2020". The years listed for the other commits are the years they'll graduate HS. If all that makes sense. 

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

CC, you do a great job. I just wanted to point out that the 3 JUCO kids we have committed will all be on campus this fall. They are part of the "2018" recruiting class and will be graduating from IU in "2020". The years listed for the other commits are the years they'll graduate HS. If all that makes sense. 

Thanks. Nice catch. I had Gordon, Bridge and Mitchell Price (Same school as Bridge) in the '18 thread so that makes 4 JUCOs unless Price jetted. I'll take them others out of the OP.

16 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

Thanks. Nice catch. I had Gordon, Bridge and Mitchell Price (Same school as Bridge) in the '18 thread so that makes 4 JUCOs unless Price jetted. I'll take them others out of the OP.

Price did decommit. 

From the looks of those 3 stats, they should all contribute this coming year.