Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) CG Harlond Beverly to Miami

47 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

When have we ever got in this late with a top 100 and actually landed the guy?

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn’t we get in pretty late on both Bryant and Vonleh?

also - Eric Gordon? Sorry Illini.

This looks to be the latest on the Beverly recruitment. From Wednesday, but didn't see it posted in this thread. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-leftovers-reclassification-harlond-beverly-uconn

"Beverly will likely not commit until taking multiple official visits. Where he lands is up for debate as Baylor and Xavier still might have the edge, but his upcoming visits could change things prior to his signing this spring."

The latest from Brian Snow at 247Sports

247Sports Composite Ranking: No. 81

Playing his senior season at Montverde Academy in Florida, Beverly has his seen stock go up, and his play improve. An athletic guard with good size, Beverly is a tremendous defender, and he has improved his outside shot. The refinement of his jumper has allowed his always strong ability to get to the rim to flourish, and has made Beverly a highly sought-after prospect.

Currently the schools recruiting him the hardest are Georgia, Indiana, Baylor, Miami, Virginia, Xavier and Iowa State. Beverly hasn't made any official visits, those one to Miami seems to be coming up shortly. With no official visits taken, it is tough to handicap this recruitment, and it also means that no decision is likely coming soon, but Beverly should begin to dive deeply into the process shortly, and that should lead to a lot more clarity on what he is thinking.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’ll gladly take whichever is the better 3pt shooter

I’ve watched as much game video of both as I can find. One thing about elite prep schools, there’s a ton of video. Quinones is a better shooter. Also stronger and more physically mature. Plays with the ball a lot. More of a 1/2 than a 2/1. Hunts his own shot some. Beverly is a much better athlete. Better defender. Plays within the system. Very good passer. Shot has improved this year. Unselfish. Is playing exclusively off the ball for Montverde. Gun to my head I’d rather have Beverly. But depending on transfers they could fit together really well. 

I might be looking at this the wrong way but I think the class balance thing would work itself out if KBJ is a 2-yr player, TJD is a 3-yr player and the rest are either 3- or 4-yr players. I would think Watford would be a 2-yr player if we were lucky enough to land him. I admittedly am not very bright though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners