Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Secret Scrimmage vs Loyola of Chicago

43 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I’d put my money on Al to start the season due to experience and the fact that he has improved from what has been said.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think he would be the odds on favorite. I don't think you can go wrong with either but once Rob gets going I think he is the PG of the future. There is a reason a lot of the 2019 guards stayed away and he is part of it. I do like Devonte but he is on a short leash I think. If he really struggles early on I think Archie will do to Al or Rob. Gotta love the competition! 

I think he would be the odds on favorite. I don't think you can go wrong with either but once Rob gets going I think he is the PG of the future. There is a reason a lot of the 2019 guards stayed away and he is part of it. I do like Devonte but he is on a short leash I think. If he really struggles early on I think Archie will do to Al or Rob. Gotta love the competition! 

Rob is no doubt the PG of the future. I just think if Green misses time Al will get a chance to prove what he can do running with the starting lineup before they hand the keys to Rob.

Not good timing for Devonte. Does Phinisee ever give it back if we play well?. 

Nope. Don't know why you'd fix what's not broken. See how Green plays off the bench and if he happens to be the better leader and the team has better chemistry with him then give him the nod but I don't see that happening.

Just now, cljones1979 said:

How did green start when he didn’t play at all because of a nagging injury, him and race both did not play.

The plan was for him to start but he tweaked an older injury before the trip up so they held him out. 

There will almost always be some player(s) on our team that make some  dumb plays or struggle with bball IQ. In cases like Troy Williams, his supreme talent level warrants that he stay on the floor most of the time. In others like Verdell Jones, his decision making improved over the course of 4 years, albeit not as quickly as some of us hoped. Green is not as freakishly talented as Troy but he does have talent. We need his decision making to improve noticeably and act like an upperclassman. I believe he can but we shall see.