Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Secret Scrimmage vs Loyola of Chicago

I think "some" members of the media are welcome through invitation only. I imagine established local media get the invite and regional/national media get left out. I have no way to confirm that other than getting information from scrimmages of this nature in years past from established local media members only.

9 minutes ago, Aeggie said:

People have been tossing around 20ppg and I've been a bit skeptical... I didn't imagine Romeo might threaten Eric Gordon's freshman scoring record but I'd love to be wrong 

I think that could happen but to me it all comes down to who steps up offensively. Juwan had about 17 a game last year. Fitzner, Justin Smith, Devonte, Al, and the rest will determine how much "ball" will go around. I'm going to say 17 a game for Romeo but he could easily pass 20. 

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Not enough shots for Romeo to average 20.   Morgan and Green will both get 10+ every night, and on given days, Smith and Fitzner will, too.  Romeo will be between 14-16 PPG at best and I think we'll have 4 players who average 12+ with Morgan as the leader somewhere around 18.

Gordon led the team in shots by a wide margin when he was here.  Romeo won't.

and this is a good thing. That team with with Eric Gordon and DJ White relied heavily on those two. I think there is a lot of depth on this team. 

and this is a good thing. That team with with Eric Gordon and DJ White relied heavily on those two. I think there is a lot of depth on this team. 

That team had depth too. There are some interesting similarities between that team and this one from a pure basketball standpoint and that team was really good until it started to unravel.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That team had depth too. There are some interesting similarities between that team and this one from a pure basketball standpoint and that team was really good until it started to unravel.

I can see some similarities- elite frontcourt player, elite incoming in-state freshman, 2nd year coach. But outside of Bassett, Ellis, and Crawford-there was not that much depth. I think this team will have more but who knows. Still think that team 10 years ago would've done some damage in the NCAA's. 

Romeo may play himself into taking a ton of shots. If he’s our best weapon and proves to be an efficient scorer he will take as many shots as needed to win games.

But if that happens it means 1 of 2 things. The other guys are struggling to score it OR Romeo is having a phenomenal season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Scenario work...yes, but the execution of those scenarios will lead to a result that worthy of study. Some things I have heard have been like..no 3 point baskets for 10 minutes....no shots until after a predescribed amount of passing....reduced shotclocks....4 minute scenarios...2 minute scenarios...no timeouts...over the limit on fouls. The scenarios are usually laid into the game framework with real referees calling real fouls....so the outcome is noteworthy. Let me say this, had the score been reversed, I'd be very disappointed.
Well laid out examples. I also agree with Natural in thinking this was going to be made out to be something it really isn't. Reason to be excited? Sure but not sure this closed scrimmage really should've added much to that excitement. To each their own though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

They won’t release one for this type of scrimmage. Any press person for IU also wouldn’t release it either. They probably got on those that released Romeo’s stats quickly.

They won’t release one for this type of scrimmage. Any press person for IU also wouldn’t release it either. They probably got on those that released Romeo’s stats quickly.

Just throwing it out there that Purdue posted some of their stats and highlight videos on their teams Instagram after their secret scrimmage with West Virginia.