Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Secret Scrimmage vs Loyola of Chicago

1 hour ago, JHoosier914 said:

Love that he has done this instead of playing a non-game against a non-division I opponent. Would like to see one of these every year or so

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wonder if the B1G mandated these after the conference's poor non-conference showing last year as a way to have early experience against good opponents.  I think all B1G teams suddenly have a closed scrimmage this year after mostly having two exhibitions recently.

This is going to be a great/tough test for our team. Loyola played the smartest basketball I think I've ever seen last year. Would be really surprised if we "win" this. Great experience for our guys though. Just hope people on this board don't freak out over the result of this scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Porter Moser employs a packline scheme himself, so it will be interesting to see if he is able to break Indiana's packline with Loyola's offensive sets. (vice versa is important for the Ramblers to learn as well)

Considering the distance both teams have to travel (not much) ... this scrimmage makes a lot of sense on a lot of different levels. 

I wonder if the B1G mandated these after the conference's poor non-conference showing last year as a way to have early experience against good opponents.  I think all B1G teams suddenly have a closed scrimmage this year after mostly having two exhibitions recently.

That’s a good point, I hadn’t thought about that. I don’t really care what the reason—I want to see more of this. Indiana can sacrifice the revenue of one exhibition game to get a better matchup than D2 or D3 opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

51 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

We shouldn’t ever lose to Loyola Chicago.

I agree with this. Yes, Loyola got hot at the right time last year but they lost three key players. I don't think this game will be close. IU by 10. But heck it's only a secret scrimmage. Cheers to college hoops being back!