Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana @ Minnesota Game Thread 10/26 8:00PM ET FS1

We have an unusual Friday night game this week as the Hoosiers travel up to Minnesota for the first time in 10 years (?).  Both teams started 3-0 but have gone on losing streaks the past 3-4 weeks. It sounds like their starting QB Annexstad won't be able to play after suffering an injury that sent him to the hospital last week. There is rain on the forecast for the game tonight so we may see a heavy dose of Stevie Scott (which btw needs about 305 more yds to get to 1,000 on the year) .

This is a game that Indiana should win but road games are never easy in the Big Ten. This is also probably the easiest game remaining on the schedule and a must win if we're to go bowling this season. Vegas currently favors the Hoosiers by 2 so don't be surprised to see a back and forth game.  

Huge game if we intend to do some of the right kind of bowling this season. Hopefully, our defense steps up and stops the run while our offense gets going with Scott and Walker.

I'm torn on the prediction though. On paper this is a game IU should win but experience tells me we find a way to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Huge game if we intend to do some of the right kind of bowling this season. Hopefully, our defense steps up and stops the run while our offense gets going with Scott and Walker.

Wait...so bowling at whatever in the morning at the IMU is the wrong kind of bowling?

8 hours ago, mamasa said:

I'm also curious to see how Reese Taylor gets used tonight

I hope conservatively, we don't have much at QB behind him. I'd like to see him used next year like Penn State uses Tommy Stevens, as a running and passing threat in the backfield that can also be a decoy, but we might see some of that before this season ends.

We really need to pick up this win and get to a bowl this season, 3 bowl berths and 1 bowl win would actually match the best streaks we've had in program history which isn't great but I do think it would represent real progress.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

LOL I had the game on mute. I didn't even know these a**hats forgot what conference they're covering.

For as much as people trash ESPN's coverage, their live broadcasts whip the hell out of Fox/FS1/BTN coverage in pretty much every way

Not that that means ESPN is good lol