Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

An enterprising fanbase would get some informatics students to create fake social media accounts to follow IU athletes and to block others 

Most of the players' pages I actually looked at only had a few thousand followers. That's not going to earn them much money from companies which are actually interested in ROI. Those numbers will also be taken into account if the NCAA ever implements an approval process for deals as they wanted to I kind of doubt that happens but if it does it would be a huge red flag if a company is willing to pay big bucks to an athlete for social media advertising if that athlete didn't have many followers. So you're right, that would certainly help the athletes make money if someone did that.

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Very much agree on the raw talent comment. He is uber talented, as a distributing point with floor vision, just hasn’t a) been physically ready for college ball and b) had an offensive coach who would let him run. I’d bet on him working his way in to good minutes this season and being key by next season 

Hoosier Hysterics did an outstanding podcast with KL this week. Khristian is an introverted, intelligent guy. For the HH guys to draw him out of his shell and get him to relax and talk freely in 45 minutes was impressive and illuminating. If you don't think you're a fan of Eric and Ward, this is the kind of thing they are best at.

I compare them to Howard Stern's interviewing ability; they can cut up a bunch and ask some difficult questions, but they invariably make their guest feel at home (except for Jeremy Fears lol). As an example--when Lander says he liked rooming with Bates in the Bahamas because they are both neat freaks, the guys asked who the nasty slobs are on the team. Lander laughs nervously and says he doesn't want to throw guys under the bus , so Eric starts naming names: "Leal?" "Nah, he's good." "Race?" "Nope, he's okay" "Jordan G?" "silence" followed by huge laughs. Classic Howard Stern technique there.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Khristian-Lander-174380225/

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hoosier Hysterics did an outstanding podcast with KL this week. Khristian is an introverted, intelligent guy. For the HH guys to draw him out of his shell and get him to relax and talk freely in 45 minutes was impressive and illuminating. If you don't think you're a fan of Eric and Ward, this is the kind of thing they are best at.

I compare them to Howard Stern's interviewing ability; they can cut up a bunch and ask some difficult questions, but they invariably make their guest feel at home (except for Jeremy Fears lol). As an example--when Lander says he liked rooming with Bates in the Bahamas because they are both neat freaks, the guys asked who the nasty slobs are on the team. Lander laughs nervously and says he doesn't want to throw guys under the bus , so Eric starts naming names: "Leal?" "Nah, he's good." "Race?" "Nope, he's okay" "Jordan G?" "silence" followed by huge laughs. Classic Howard Stern technique there.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Khristian-Lander-174380225/

They are just insanely annoying to many fans. Cringe worthy annoying. But will probably listen anyways unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I agree with you in regards to their interview technique. I realize they annoy a lot of people but I find some of their player discussions of non-game related topics, such how does it feels to play at the Hall, campus reactions after a win, how coaches interact at practice, what do you think about Bloomington, chemistry and personalities of teammates, etc etc more interesting than the typical “the team seemed to have their “A” game” type interviews.

56 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Given that he already gets an extra year I don’t know what the point of a medical redshirt would be.

The guy who posted this has a pretty sketchy track record. He's not a troll by any means, but he's probably wrong more than he's right. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

The guy who posted this has a pretty sketchy track record. He's not a troll by any means, but he's probably wrong more than he's right. 

That’s why my original post included maybe a medical and maybe dealing. Anytime I see something on another board, I try to include those maybes.