Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

11 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Well, if my son is any indication on how long this will last, it is likely to linger about 4 weeks!

I can attest. Plus my employees who have got it are still battling it. 

I told them to stay away from me. Most laughed and still walked right up to my desk. Was not joking lol

Just now, Stromboli said:

Does anyone else feel robbed of the excruciating weeks/months of build-up, false reports, pandering by Rabjohns, hedging, videos, and hot takes? What a letdown, man. 

Of course I kid. What incredible news. And a total turnaround from just two weeks ago. My own gut here was that Lander was a Louisville lean. And I really wasn’t thrilled with the other PG prospects we were looking at. Hard to imagine that this could have gone better. 

I truly don’t have a feel for who this kid is, but the nature of his announcement, his commitment to play with his friends, and his apparent disregard of the moneybag programs has sure helped build a positive picture of him. 

And don’t look now, but Archie is assembling himself a roster. If we can put a plus player at 3-4 positions on the court, we’ll see some success. Man this is great news!!

Lol good point. Guess we will have to channel all the angst into another recruit. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Lander reclassifies there is a downside. We won’t get the 2021 Mr Basketball for sure. Award will be more open. 

Who else is/would in the running for Mr. Indiana Basketball for 2021?

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Furst, Kaufman, Goode and Wesley would all be top 100 recruits. Would imagine Fursrt and Kaufman would be favorites 

Good thing that most/all of these hold offers...if Lander does reclass and we have success on the court, can only help us land the 4th in a row (by my quick research, is a feet that has never been done before by any school).

2 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Good thing that most/all of these hold offers...if Lander does reclass and we have success on the court, can only help us land the 4th in a row (by my quick research, is a feet that has never been done before by any school).

It has not. 

Issue Is we aren’t getting furst and he might be the favorite. But still doable. 

“It’s a basketball state,” Lander said. “I feel like the fanbase is ridiculous. They love basketball and all their players that have been there.” This Lander quote sticks out to me.

Gregg Doyel (you all know Im not a fan) can shove it. He was dogging the pregame hype video at assembly hall and how it needs to be changed to focus on IU and the current program rather than the state. Well the video specifically describes Indiana as a basketball state and all the great players that have come from Indiana as well as the passionate fanbase. If you're a high school player from this state, being recruited by IU, and you see that video at assembly hall, you know it is speaking directly to you. It would be very hard to ignore. 

Obviously not saying the video is the reason why he committed. Just that Archie and the staff have done a great job of recruiting the players of this state and selling them on staying home and playing for a state that lives and breathes basketball. That hype video is a part of that recruiting strategy. Kudos to the staff. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It has not. 

Issue Is we aren’t getting furst and he might be the favorite. But still doable. 

Well, I can't argue the point because I don't follow recruiting as much as others do, but here's to hoping we make some headway on MSU/whoever the current leader might be!

I was asked to keep this quiet but I will say there is more coming. I mean who doesn't want to play with the #1 PG. The offense runs best when you have two guards who can handle the ball. Rob & Lander will be great together. Love this commit especially if he can get in the class of 20 but this is just a start. Stay Tuned!!!

Is this along the lines of Kaufman, Duncomb, and say Goode?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

Rob Lander Smith Race TJD with Durham, Hunter, Brunk, and Armaan coming off the bench is a lineup I can certainly get behind. Now when Lander stays another year and the lineup is senior Rob, soph Lander, junior Jerome, senior Race, and hopefully a big that Lander can convince is a Final 4 type lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely no shooting in that lineup. Maybe you can make a case for Rob but that's it. 

16 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Absolutely no shooting in that lineup. Maybe you can make a case for Rob but that's it. 

I agree. I think Hunter slots in over Smith for that particular lineup. Race has the tools to be a respectable outside shot as well. Lander is super shifty and hard to keep out of the lane so having shooters around him is paramount. 

I agree. I think Hunter slots in over Smith for that particular lineup. Race has the tools to be a respectable outside **** as well. Lander is super shifty and hard to keep out of the lane so having shooters around him is paramount. 

As long as we only have one or two that can **** outside I think we should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app