Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Just now, cthomas said:

All I know about Brooks is what I have read here. How is he different than Smith from a skill standpoint?

Much longer and about two inches taller, but not as physical. Just as quick, but not as fast.

Very different personality (that’s not a knock on either of them). 

2 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Haven’t followed this recruitment much. Can he shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I haven't seen his 2019-2020 high school stats.  247 says at this point he is 'streaky', but in his freshman and sophomore seasons at Reitz against decent competition he made 90 of 245 (37%) from behind the arc.....pretty good shooting from a freshman/sophomore.  Hit 79% from the line as a sophomore as well.

I used to post over there for years dating back to the site they had previous to  the current HSN. IUwins is much like Sam Story in that they are continuously vouched for by the hsn mods and they make predictions on literally everything, are wrong almost always and then make excuses as to why. Rinse. Repeat. I wouldn’t spend too much time trying to read into anything they say. 

He’s been right more times than he’s wrong. SS drives me crazy with his arrogance at times.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Literally sooo much can happen that would change our needs and scholarship situation.
Consider this: NCAA May adopt a 1-time transfer rule, and even if they don’t, maybe he qualifies for a hardship transfer and Keion Brooks decides he was sold a bill of goods at UK and isn’t sticking around based on averages of 9 mins. and  2.3ppg. Suddenly maybe we don’t need Goode or Kaufman and can go all-in on Aminu and Christie.
Hell, maybe we decide with what’s in-tow we shoot for the moon and give everything we got to try and get Franck Kepnamg pitching him on being a part of a #1 recruiting class. Maybe we have enough to get serious consideration from him with the #1 PG in the class  
Lotttttt to play out. But this commitment does change the scenarios and gives us an opportunity to be choosy and complete the puzzle with the next accepted commitments, which is a good place to be in. 

I’d be completely shocked if Brooks ended up at IU.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not to get this thread off topic, but the difference between TJD's season and Keion's season are huge. TJD has been Big 10 freshman of the week 5 times this season. #1 option on his team. Averaging 14 and 8 while playing 29 minutes a game. Keion, on the other hand, is now barely playing. That's the problem when you go to a team full of 5 stars. Someone's the odd man out. I Think that's something Archie will be able to use with recruits in the future. 

My point with Keion is that he’s not buried by the typical roster of seven or eight 5 star studs. They really only play 6 guys (only five of which were 5 stars out of HS) with Brooks and Juzang playing sparsely. Cal makes his starters play 35+ minutes a game. I have to think he’d rather get his lead guys more rest than that if he had capable scorers/defenders off the bench. 

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He’s been right more times than he’s wrong. SS drives me crazy with his arrogance at times.

That’s completely false. Follow along long enough and you’ll find out for yourself. Occasionally he’ll dial it back and be more vague with his predictions but even with recruitments he claims  to “get right” like TJD he takes multiple, conflicting, positions throughout the recruitment and either claims he had the goods all along or blames his incorrect prediction on “kids change their mind”. You’re better off just waiting for the announcement and treating the “insiders” over there as nothing more than comic relief...anyways, back to Lander. I’m really looking forward to getting this kid on campus next year.  

That’s completely false. Follow along long enough and you’ll find out for yourself. Occasionally he’ll dial it back and be more vague with his predictions but even with recruitments he claims  to “get right” like TJD he takes multiple positions throughout the recruitment and either claims he had the goods all along or blames his incorrect prediction on “kids change their mind”. You’re better off just waiting for the announcement and treating the “insiders” over there as nothing more than comic relief...anyways, back to Lander. I’m really looking forward to getting this kid on campus next year.  

I think you are correct. Some of these do hear things but the generally hear things that are fluid and what they share is a snapshot. That snapshot can be right in the end but not always. My cousin was like this. A coach in HS who had some offers to go to small colleges to coach so he had connections. He was also close enough with the IU program to get into practices and tight groups. Still his info was truthful but sometimes it was stale and things he changed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app