Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

He was the #23 overall prospect and a 5-star recruit in the 2019 class. He is averaging 1.8 points per game over his last ten games.

Kentucky has a 6-man class coming in next year of three five stars and three four-stars. They signed the #28 and #31 overall players which are four-star PF’s for next year, both 6’9” and the #4 overall player, a 6’7” five-star SG. Keion is a 6’7” F.

This year’s Kentucky team goes 7 deep and Keion played 2 minutes tonight against Texas A&M. 

It’s safe to say Keion is getting recruited over, and I don’t know too many five-star Top 30 high school recruits that take that too kindly and don’t want to find a better situation. 

Hard pass on Keion. He was extremely overrated coming out of HS and has no interest in staying four years, putting in the work to develop and its showing. UK has been down to 7 scholarship players at times due to injury and he still plays 10 minutes or less and his only role when he gets into the game is to set screens and rebound. Maybe the humble pie he’s choking on this year changes his mindset, otherwise I personally wouldn’t be interested. 

29 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Literally sooo much can happen that would change our needs and scholarship situation.

Consider this: NCAA May adopt a 1-time transfer rule, and even if they don’t, maybe he qualifies for a hardship transfer and Keion Brooks decides he was sold a bill of goods at UK and isn’t sticking around based on averages of 9 mins. and  2.3ppg. Suddenly maybe we don’t need Goode or Kaufman and can go all-in on Aminu and Christie.

Hell, maybe we decide with what’s in-tow we shoot for the moon and give everything we got to try and get Franck Kepnamg pitching him on being a part of a #1 recruiting class. Maybe we have enough to get serious consideration from him with the #1 PG in the class  

Lotttttt to play out. But this commitment does change the scenarios and gives us an opportunity to be choosy and complete the puzzle with the next accepted commitments, which is a good place to be in. 

Rather have Kaufman than Ketchup! I think we are a REAL player with Aminu Mohammed also.

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Hard pass on Keion. He was extremely overrated coming out of HS and has no interest in staying four years, putting in the work to develop and its showing. UK has been down to 7 scholarship players at times due to injury and he still plays 10 minutes or less and his only role when he gets into the game is to set screens and rebound. Maybe the humble pie he’s choking on this year changes his mindset, otherwise I personally wouldn’t be interested. 

Respectfully, 18 year-old kids have fragile egos. A change of scenery and reuniting with a good friend and being in a positive environment where you feel valued can make a huge difference. 

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Respectfully, 18 year-old kids have fragile egos. A change of scenery and reuniting with a good friend and being in a positive environment where you feel valued can make a huge difference. 

I agree which is why I was sure to caveat my statement but I would be very wary of him transferring to IU. From his dad’s “time to be selfish” mindset to his absolute lackluster performance this year, I’m not sure where he would even fit in here. We need shooters and post guys who want to be a part of building a program not some egomaniac who’s looking to “get his” so as to springboard to the NBA as soon as possible. Like you said, maybe he’s recalibrated and would come correct because ego aside, he needs a lot of work to become a consistent contributor at this level. 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

I agree which is why I was sure to caveat my statement but I would be very wary of him transferring to IU. From his dad’s “time to be selfish” mindset to his absolute lackluster performance this year, I’m not sure where he would even fit in here. We need shooters and post guys who want to be a part of building a program not some egomaniac who’s looking to “get his” so as to springboard to the NBA as soon as possible. Like you said, maybe he’s recalibrated and would come correct because ego aside, he needs a lot of work to become a consistent contributor at this level. 

Keion Brooks is by all accounts a really good kid. TJD loves Keion Brooks.

He’s getting buried at UK, but there’s a really good player and teammate waiting to emerge with the young fella.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That is a STRONG group of hometown Hoosiers (with one Indiana-adopted and outstanding Minnesota kid for good measure)

Love this!

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Keion Brooks is by all accounts a really good kid. TJD loves Keion Brooks.

He’s getting buried at UK, but there’s a really good player and teammate waiting to emerge with the young fella.

All I know about Brooks is what I have read here. How is he different than Smith from a skill standpoint?