Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Awesome surprise for a random Tuesday night!

I hope it works out for 2020, as he could provide good depth next season with Rob, Armaan, and Al assuming he's still here.  The fact we could have a backcourt of a Sr. Rob Phinisee and So. Khristian Lander in 2021 is what REALLY excites me though.  That would probably be the best in the conference.

Literally sooo much can happen that would change our needs and scholarship situation.

Consider this: NCAA May adopt a 1-time transfer rule, and even if they don’t, maybe he qualifies for a hardship transfer and Keion Brooks decides he was sold a bill of goods at UK and isn’t sticking around based on averages of 9 mins. and  2.3ppg. Suddenly maybe we don’t need Goode or Kaufman and can go all-in on Aminu and Christie.

Hell, maybe we decide with what’s in-tow we shoot for the moon and give everything we got to try and get Franck Kepnamg pitching him on being a part of a #1 recruiting class. Maybe we have enough to get serious consideration from him with the #1 PG in the class  

Lotttttt to play out. But this commitment does change the scenarios and gives us an opportunity to be choosy and complete the puzzle with the next accepted commitments, which is a good place to be in. 

Literally sooo much can happen that would change our needs and scholarship situation.
Consider this: NCAA May adopt a 1-time transfer rule, and even if they don’t, maybe he qualifies for a hardship transfer and Keion Brooks decides he was sold a bill of goods at UK and isn’t sticking around based on averages of 9 mins. and  2.3ppg. Suddenly maybe we don’t need Goode or Kaufman and can go all-in on Aminu and Christie.
Lot to play out. But this commitment does change the scenarios and gives us an opportunity to be choosy and complete the puzzle with the next accepted commitments which is a good place to be in. 

Is there rumblings Keion’s not happy?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

So IUwins0708 over on hsn said that he’s hearing Kaufman, Duncomb, and Goode to IU. First to MSU. Things can change but he got Lander right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Said yesterday that he was hearing good things coming soon on the Lander thread.

22 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Not to rain on anyone’s parade but Snow has been saying for a while it’s unlikely that Kaufman/Lander play together, but not impossible. Not sure why on that. Also said Xavier is in the best spot with Duncomb so not sure where IUwins is getting his info from 

Snow wasn't big on us getting Lander. Thought he was a Louisville lean.

19 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Not to rain on anyone’s parade but Snow has been saying for a while it’s unlikely that Kaufman/Lander play together, but not impossible. Not sure why on that. Also said Xavier is in the best spot with Duncomb so not sure where IUwins is getting his info from 

I used to post over there for years dating back to the site they had previous to  the current HSN. IUwins is much like Sam Story in that they are continuously vouched for by the hsn mods and they make predictions on literally everything, are wrong almost always and then make excuses as to why. Rinse. Repeat. I wouldn’t spend too much time trying to read into anything they say. 

6 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Is there rumblings Keion’s not happy?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He was the #23 overall prospect and a 5-star recruit in the 2019 class. He is averaging 1.8 points per game over his last ten games.

Kentucky has a 6-man class coming in next year of three five stars and three four-stars. They signed the #28 and #31 overall players which are four-star PF’s for next year, both 6’9” and the #4 overall player, a 6’7” five-star SG. Keion is a 6’7” F.

This year’s Kentucky team goes 7 deep and Keion played 2 minutes tonight against Texas A&M. 

It’s safe to say Keion is getting recruited over, and I don’t know too many five-star Top 30 high school recruits that take that too kindly and don’t want to find a better situation.