Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Looks like he will be eligible for draft next year. He turns 18 in August. 

Good man. And apparently a smart young man:
[/url]  

He needs to keep patient. This is a free year for him with little judgement. His time will come, and he will be significantly better next season by experiencing all this, this year. No hurry.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

51 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander’s father Keith told The Daily Hoosier last month that a set oriented offense under Miller that involved the point guard dribbling at the top of the key while the play unfolded felt foreign to his son.  When the family sat down with Mike Woodson and watched film on how the new head coach wants his point guards to play, there was a collective epiphany.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-mike-woodson-believes-khristian-lander-has-solid-foundation-to-build-from/?fbclid=IwAR26lsb923EQVDas4NHkAL6AMfhXat6lKZ-iauJXco8MPxiM4IS-hSQsCv8

Archie’s offensive sets sucked, that’s clear to most people. That said, it’s awfully rich to have Lander’s dad criticizing it publicly when you consider just how awful Lander performed. Bad offensive sets aren’t the cause of a player jacking up hopeless bricks and airballs, even while being poorly guarded. 

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Archie’s offensive sets sucked, that’s clear to most people. That said, it’s awfully rich to have Lander’s dad criticizing it publicly when you consider just how awful Lander performed. Bad offensive sets aren’t the cause of a player jacking up hopeless bricks and airballs, even while being poorly guarded. 

I've been as critical as anyone of KL's play or lack thereof last year, but I didn't have any problem with his shot selection. We could have ran offense until we were blue in our face and we usually weren't going to get a better shot than what KL was taking. At least if he's shooting them RT and TJD were oreb.

Now... his execution on those shots, yeah that was problematic. He also flat out gets lost defensively off the ball.

58 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander’s father Keith told The Daily Hoosier last month that a set oriented offense under Miller that involved the point guard dribbling at the top of the key while the play unfolded felt foreign to his son.  When the family sat down with Mike Woodson and watched film on how the new head coach wants his point guards to play, there was a collective epiphany.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-mike-woodson-believes-khristian-lander-has-solid-foundation-to-build-from/?fbclid=IwAR26lsb923EQVDas4NHkAL6AMfhXat6lKZ-iauJXco8MPxiM4IS-hSQsCv8

Really really excited to see Khristian play in this system. Given that Lander is the same age as the 2021 class, that’s a talented group of young players on our roster.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I've been as critical as anyone of KL's play or lack thereof last year, but I didn't have any problem with his shot selection. We could have ran offense until we were blue in our face and we usually weren't going to get a better shot than what KL was taking. At least if he's shooting them RT and TJD were oreb.

Now... his execution on those shots, yeah that was problematic. He also flat out gets lost defensively off the ball.

I didn’t have a problem with his shot selection per say, but you could tell he had an agenda everytime he got into the game and forced a bunch of shots before getting settled but I only really had a problem with it because the shots were so off target. Defensively, my hope is that was a product of being young, undersized and inexperienced. Most freshman suck at defense at this level. 

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

Like ~95% of NIL-enabled marketing benefits are going to be things like this. It’s totally anodyne and fine. The sky ain’t falling.

I wonder how much they get paid for stuff like this.