Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Another story on the Lander announcement from Alec Lasley.
https://indiana.rivals.com/news/what-to-expect-from-khristian-lander-in-2020

Yep that’s where I am with him. 20-25 mpg. If he can get 10-15 lbs on that will help him massively. I hope we don’t see too many times there are 2 bigs on the floor at the same time. His ability to get in the lane will open so many things up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Another point on top of that, is if there is a season but all of the summer training is cancelled does it make sense for him to come a year early and potentially not be fully prepared. Those summer workouts are really important for freshmen. 

I am sure he has access to weights and a place to run.

There is a lot more to it than that. Come on now.

Come on, he’s 17 years old. Weights and running should have him up 10-15 pounds just from that..

I had a good friend in the military that wanted to gain muscle so bad. He lifted hard everyday, took protein and supplements, and did everything right but couldn’t add weight. We were 18-19 years old. Finally, a little after he turned 21 he started bulking up like crazy.

There is a lot more to it than that. Come on now.

He doesn’t even need to add 10-15lbs as a freshman. Right now he’s listed at 6-2 165 on 247Sports. That’s pretty good actually. He really just needs to stay in shape.

Paul Biancardi @PaulBiancardi

Khristian Lander told ESPN about his move to the class of 2020.  “I decided after my visit to IU about reclassifying. I first had to make sure that my academics were in place. I’m excited about playing with the other incoming freshmen and the returning players. “

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I am sure he has access to weights and a place to run.

Yeah, I’m sure he does. That’s clearly not the same thing as spending the summer in your new environment, training under your new basketball and S&C coaches and with your new teammates. 

He doesn’t even need to add 10-15lbs as a freshman. Right now he’s listed at 6-2 165 on 247Sports. That’s pretty good actually. He really just needs to stay in shape.

Disagree. For obvious reasons. If he is at 165 he is playing 20 mpg. Still a really huge addition. I hope he has a DJ Carton style season before left. That’s what our team could use. DJ was playing 23.9 mpg and putting a really decent stat line. Turnovers were high but it’s going to happen as a freshman. If he gave us 10 pg and 3-4 assists per game I don’t care how long it took.

Disagree. For obvious reasons. If he is at 165 he is playing 20 mpg. Still a really huge addition. I hope he has a DJ Carton style season before left. That’s what our team could use. DJ was playing 23.9 mpg and putting a really decent stat line. Turnovers were high but it’s going to happen as a freshman. If he gave us 10 pg and 3-4 assists per game I don’t care how long it took.

He can play 20mpg as a starter. There isn’t a guard on the team good enough to play over him.

Just now, lillurk said:

I keep seeing him referred to as a “streaky” shooter. Meyer’s 247 scouting report says it; Bossi says it here.

But across almost 300 attempts I could find from HS and AAU, he hit 37%. Isn't that almost too good, cumulatively, to be streaky?

I think streaky just means he’s either going 5/6 or 0/6.  Nothing about total percent. 

Happy Khristian will be on campus next year, although this is no shock. I am happy to see a kid from Evansville play for IU. I saw him play at Reitz at few times. He is certainly a 2-3 year kind of guy. He's going to have a solid season (I agree that I see a DJ Carton like numbers). He's a favorite for Big Ten FOY.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think streaky just means he’s either going 5/6 or 0/6.  Nothing about total percent. 

I think you’re right, I guess I just think “streaky” has some negative connotations and at some point there’s gotta be a better way to say this.

14 hours ago, lillurk said:

I think you’re right, I guess I just think “streaky” has some negative connotations and at some point there’s gotta be a better way to say this.

It does to an extent. 37% from 3 is solid, but it's not great. What makes 37% streaky is that a really good shooter at this level is going to be around 40% or even higher. The difference between a JBJ, Hulls or Ziesloft 3pt shooter and someone shooting 37% is consistency. 

15 hours ago, lillurk said:

I think Paul Biancardi has a more nuanced, specific way of describing KL’s results here in point 2: