Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Why would he not play against the great competition all summer long?
Let alone he deserves to play in his last AAU season. 
If he reclassified, why would he forego getting on campus and getting ready for the season to play AAU ball? Myself, I would choose the former and get an start on strength and conditioning.
If AAU season doesn't happen at the same time the kids can get on campus, then I might consider both. Just my thoughts if I was in his shoes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If he reclassified, why would he forego getting on campus and getting ready for the season to play AAU ball? Myself, I would choose the former and get an start on strength and conditioning.
If AAU season doesn't happen at the same time the kids can get on campus, then I might consider both. Just my thoughts if I was in his shoes.

There's no AAU in June at all. I was more thinking about this spring. 

July is like a quick 2-3 week period for AAU (at least big time tournaments)

6 hours ago, mookied39 said:

Anyone know when we would know if he is reclassifying or not?

I have no clue about the timing on this, but it's like 99.9% happening, right?? The SAT and ACT exam requirements were waived due to the pandemic and he only had a 2-3 classes to complete before he was good to go (if I remember correctly). With the classes being online and everyone in quarantine (for the most part), he should plow right through them ("should" being the key word there). Has anyone heard anything that would suggest this isn't pretty much a lock??

with basketball season possibly in jeopardy due to covid, it may be smarter to hold off on coming early.  Of course, if doesn't think he's a 4 year player then it wouldn't matter.
In 2022 mock drafts Lander, Muhammad, and TJD are all projected in the 1st round with lander just being out of the lottery

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

with basketball season possibly in jeopardy due to covid, it may be smarter to hold off on coming early.  Of course, if he doesn't think he's a 4 year player then it wouldn't matter.

This is a good point. Might as well wait as long as you can before making a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

I have no clue about the timing on this, but it's like 99.9% happening, right?? The SAT and ACT exam requirements were waived due to the pandemic and he only had a 2-3 classes to complete before he was good to go (if I remember correctly). With the classes being online and everyone in quarantine (for the most part), he should plow right through them ("should" being the key word there). Has anyone heard anything that would suggest this isn't pretty much a lock??

I know that IU had already moved away from requiring the SAT or ACT for admission....and that wasn't a pandemic issue.

5 hours ago, iuswingman said:

with basketball season possibly in jeopardy due to covid, it may be smarter to hold off on coming early.  Of course, if he doesn't think he's a 4 year player then it wouldn't matter.

Another point on top of that, is if there is a season but all of the summer training is cancelled does it make sense for him to come a year early and potentially not be fully prepared. Those summer workouts are really important for freshmen. 

Another point on top of that, is if there is a season but all of the summer training is cancelled does it make sense for him to come a year early and potentially not be fully prepared. Those summer workouts are really important for freshmen. 
I get where you are coming from because he has a choice, but every Freshmen in the country will have the same problem. I personally don't think it would be to big of a problem, but what do I know.

7 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I get where you are coming from because he has a choice, but every Freshmen in the country will have the same problem. I personally don't think it would be to big of a problem, but what do I know.

I don't really know either. Just throwing it out there for conversation. But, I'd think for a player coming in a year younger that the summer workouts are even more important. And like you said, the variable is that he does have a choice. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah was wondering if the team is still able to use cook hall during this.  And I assume most of our guys had off campus apartments and thus are still in Bloomington.  

If so guys can Stay in relatively good shape

Yeah was wondering if the team is still able to use cook hall during this.  And I assume most of our guys had off campus apartments and thus are still in Bloomington.  

If so guys can Stay in relatively good shape

No they can’t use cook hall during this. Lander is hoping to finish up those classes late June or early July. Sure sounds like he will be apart of the 2020 class

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Certainly sounds like someone's going to be wearing an IU uniform this season?

Khristian Lander @khristianlander

PSA: to all seniors at reitz - once you get your cap and gown meet in the field house parking lot

Hopefully the pandemic is giving him time to work out and bulk up to get ready for college.