Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

I'm not familiar with the source of this info and it's probably been posted many times already but as a refresher --

Khristian Lander, Reitz 21.0 pts, 6.0 rbs, 4.6 asts, 2.3 stls.  The IU commit did everything on the floor for the Panthers, and was the player everyone had their eye on this season.  Lander also shot 41% from 3 and 50% from the field. 

FWIW, as an Indiana educator, I can tell you the DOE is scrambling to try and figure out what to do in order to get seniors to graduate with the amount of e-learning going on.  Lots of schools will apply for waiver days as well which would allow schools to eliminate up to 20 days of schools.  Don't know how that would effect him graduating early but would simply say the state is focusing more on current seniors.

FWIW, as an Indiana educator, I can tell you the DOE is scrambling to try and figure out what to do in order to get seniors to graduate with the amount of e-learning going on.  Lots of schools will apply for waiver days as well which would allow schools to eliminate up to 20 days of schools.  Don't know how that would effect him graduating early but would simply say the state is focusing more on current seniors.
Illinois has already announced any school days missed are "Act of God" days and don't have to be made up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What is the hooparazzi info?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just an old guy on Twitter that acts like paparazzi for Indiana basketball. Taking pics of recruits when out with Archie. Players going into Cook Hall. I think it’s weird. He blocked me because I called him for following people around, especially recruits since they are high school kids. It’s not just a coincidence to be in the parking lot by Cook Hall and there be a recruit there so you just take pictures to post on Twitter... it’s just weird and you’re like 50. Others might actually know him, but I just find it weird.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm presuming Adam Zagoria knows what he's talking about and I'm presuming this is a non-issue for Lander.

A word on all the guys eyeing reclassifying to 2020: You can’t reclass without a standardized test score. As of now, no more tests are scheduled this year. The NCAA would need to create a blanket waiver/exception for such players and so far they haven’t commented on it.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm presuming Adam Zagoria knows what he's talking about and I'm presuming this is a non-issue for Lander.

A word on all the guys eyeing reclassifying to 2020: You can’t reclass without a standardized test score. As of now, no more tests are scheduled this year. The NCAA would need to create a blanket waiver/exception for such players and so far they haven’t commented on it.

Anybody know if Lander has taken one of these 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My high school junior had already taken the SAT and the ACT pre-shut down.  

If a high school junior has been motivated it’s no problem.

That’s a good sign. Sounds like they have known this was a possibility for a while hopefully they were proactive. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Anybody know if Lander has taken one of these 

I’ve read articles on the impact of the virus to education where schools are already eliminating standardized testing scores from their application and admissions requirements. You’ve got to remember, schools need enrollment. I would imagine this will be addressed and exempted by the NCAA if tests aren’t available.