Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I want all the best things for Trayce but if he comes back for his junior year and Lander is who he looks to be we could be a legit FF team with that combo. 

Don’t forget that a lot of other good players will be there too. Hunter,Leal, Galloway,Phinese,Thompson and Franklin and Geronimo.. All upperclassmen and Sophomores.

Hope we have Kaufman as well.

Practice should be pretty intense.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander put on a show in his semifinal game against Evansville Harrison which Reitz won 84-67.  His final stat line reported by the Courier & Press as 32 points 5 rebounds 5 assists.   He was 14 of 16 from the field, perfect (6 of 6) from deep.

It was 61-45 at the end of 3 quarters.  Nick Baumgart reported he had 29 at the end of 3 and in the 3rd Q scored 12 points on 4-of-4 shooting in the 3rd quarter including two 3's.  For the game has 29 pts on 11-12 shooting from the floor (4-of-4 on 3's), 5 rbs, 3 asts through 3 quarters

He had 17 pts. at halftime on 7-of-8 shooting including 3-of-3 on 3's, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 1 turnover. 

Good post, but he couldn't have been 14 of 16 from the field with 6 of 6 from three as that would total 34 points without free throws.  The stats I saw posted were 12 of 14 from the field and 5 of 5 from deep.  That would leave the remaining three points coming from the line.

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Good post, but he couldn't have been 14 of 16 from the field with 6 of 6 from three as that would total 34 points without free throws.  The stats I saw posted were 12 of 14 from the field and 5 of 5 from deep.  That would leave the remaining three points coming from the line.

To be clear, I didn't keep these stats, I simply reported what others posted. 

And yet another report from SI.COM:  CLASS 4A-16: Indiana commit Khristian Lander had a huge game in Evansville Reitz's 84-67 victory over Evansville Harrison.  Lander finished with 32 points on 12-of-14 shooting including 5-of-5 on three-pointers. He also had six rebounds, five assists and three steals. 

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To be clear, I didn't keep these stats, I simply reported what others posted. 

And yet another report from SI.COM:  CLASS 4A-16: Indiana commit Khristian Lander had a huge game in Evansville Reitz's 84-67 victory over Evansville Harrison.  Lander finished with 32 points on 12-of-14 shooting including 5-of-5 on three-pointers. He also had six rebounds, five assists and three steals. 

I wasn’t trying to indicate you messed up the stats....just was saying that the person reporting it did.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I wasn’t trying to indicate you messed up the stats....just was saying that the person reporting it did.

It's really to bad in this day and age that the IHSAA can't require all official scorecards to be electronically sent to its office and then made available to us to look at via the internet.

Nick Baumgart -
Last 2 games: 66 points on just 36 shots. He's made 33-of-45 *total* shots that have left his hand (15-23 2FG, 9-13 3FG, 9-9 FT) in 63 minutes-plus. Added 14 rbs, 9 asts, 5 stls, 3 blks. Shooting 69% on 3s

ESfL0ukXYAEuwBb?format=jpg%26name=small&key=c2ef0784b98b1695f974c04d941375ad19dd4f260da36158c2b9075887abf2a9

Even without FT’s, 24-36 w/ 13 3 attempts is great. Future is bright!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lander's sectional championship game will be streamed.  Indicates a start of 7:45 which I assume is 7:45 ET.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/evansville-reitz-vs-castle-4a-sectional-16-boys-basketball-championship-game-southern-indiana-sports-productions

Lander's sectional championship game will be streamed.  Indicates a start of 7:45 which I assume is 7:45 ET.
https://www.ihsaatv.org/watch/evansville-reitz-vs-castle-4a-sectional-16-boys-basketball-championship-game-southern-indiana-sports-productions

If the games are still at Evansville North, then I would assume this to be 7 CST. Remember, we’re CST time down here in southwestern Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, theriverpilot said:

If the games are still at Evansville North, then I would assume this to be 7 CST. Remember, we’re CST time down here in southwestern Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Which would make it 8:00 E.T., correct?  Confusing as hell and then we have to change our clocks tonight on top of it all.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's really to bad in this day and age that the IHSAA can't require all official scorecards to be electronically sent to its office and then made available to us to look at via the internet.

I think IHSAA site used to be better before they hooked up with the "professionals".

5 minutes ago, taco corp said:

Lander picked up 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes. Didn’t play the rest of the half. 0-1 fg’s, 1 assist.

First time I have seen him live, so this has been disappointing. Reitz leads Castle 31-26.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Will be interesting to see if he goes off being fresh