Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

8 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Lander is better than I thought. I saw him play a few times as a sophomore and wasn't overly impressed. Things that stood out:

1) He makes his teammates better. It's obvious he is the best player on the team. That Reitz team is average (at best) without him. He has an incredible feel for the game. He can find the open man and make those tough passes. 

2) His shooting wasn't too bad. He hit some key threes. Some from NBA distance.

3) Very athletic. He can jump and honestly will be one of our best defensive players. 

4) He showed some fire. That was the big knock on Romeo. For a kid that is ready to move on, he still cared and it showed.

He is athletic enough to overcome his average size. I think he will start day 1 at IU-even if he leaves early. He could eat Al's lunch right now. He is capable of playing off the ball at the 2 spot which is good. I see no issues with him playing with Rob. I can see him averaging 12 3 and 3 his first year. I just hope he was aggressive as he was tonight. He would likely be our second or third best scorer. I don't see him as a one and done talent. Like Trayce, 2-3 player. IU got a good one. Not sure if he is a top ten recruit, but he's going to help. Anyone near Evansville needs to see him play next week at the sectional. Doubt he returns to Reitz next year. It's IU or a prep school.  

On another note-IU, Purdue, and any other in-state school missed out on a good one with Kiyron Powell. He scored 26 points tonight. His offensive game was the knock on him but it didn't show tonight. He was every bit as good as Lander tonight. He will do well at Houston. Give him a year or two to adjust. 

My thought is he may be ready to move on from Reitz regardless.

From Lander what he needs to graduate and from Jon Blau:  For context, when Bloomington North's Musa Jallow reclassified and went to Ohio State a year early, he had one class he had to finish, The English Novel. He had it completed by July 10. Two classes is more but not unreasonable.

Is there an example of a kid announcing an intention to reclassify who then wasn’t able to or ultimately didn’t?  Off the top of my head I can’t think of 1.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Lander what he needs to graduate and from Jon Blau:  For context, when Bloomington North's Musa Jallow reclassified and went to Ohio State a year early, he had one class he had to finish, The English Novel. He had it completed by July 10. Two classes is more but not unreasonable.

I have to think he's coming in 2020. That really is not a lot. He also had to have started the process already too. If he didn't, he would have more classes to take. 

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I have to think he's coming in 2020. That really is not a lot. He also had to have started the process already too. If he didn't, he would have more classes to take. 

Yeah pretty sure you need 8 semesters of English with any Indiana degree he had to have taken an extra semester somewhere 

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Two semesters is very doable.  A lot of the seniors at the school I teach at do two classes in the summer.  

2 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I remember when I was in high school and it only took me a week and a half to finish a whole semester of geometry. Very doable

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Guess what I took at IU? It was just called “Practical Math” or something. It taught us interest rates and stuff you need to know for life, which in a perfect world, if you’re not going to be an engineer or mathematician, should be the only math you’re required to take. 

I was an art student. Spent a lot of time with the weirdos in Collins. Needless to say math isn’t my strong suit and I’m actually a tad dyslexic with numbers. 

1 minute ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Guess what I took at IU? It was just called “Practical Math” or something. It taught us interest rates and stuff you need to know for life, which in a perfect world, if you’re not going to be an engineer or mathematician, should be the only math you’re required to take. 

I was an art student. Spent a lot of time with the weirdos in Collins. Needless to say math isn’t my strong suit and I’m actually a tad dyslexic with numbers. 

If my hs senior ends up at the Jacobs School, I’m sending him directly to that course!