Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Just now, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I agree. I think Hunter slots in over Smith for that particular lineup. Race has the tools to be a respectable outside **** as well. Lander is super shifty and hard to keep out of the lane so having shooters around him is paramount. 

Early in the season Leal will get some time to see if he will be able to contribute shooting wise. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Lander reclassifies there is a downside. We won’t get the 2021 Mr Basketball for sure. Award will be more open. 

I would think Kaufman is a top 3 candidate for that and we WILL get him. Especially coming off back to back state championships (fingers crossed).

46 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Absolutely no shooting in that lineup. Maybe you can make a case for Rob but that's it. 

I would still like to add a grad transfer shooter for next season if possible. It will improve from this year but still slots as not a strength. 

(1) Is Kaufman also considering reclassifying and (2) does anyone have an inside track on whether he's close to committing anywhere? On the only other reputable site, it was mentioned that some thought he didn't want to go to the same school as Lander. That makes absolutely no sense to me as they're a PG and a PF/SF. @Chris007 - where's your intel here? ;)

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Absolutely no shooting in that lineup. Maybe you can make a case for Rob but that's it. 

Hunter is 42% from 3 in his last 10 games. I think that's a lot closer to what we'll see from him going forward than the 15% he started the year with.

Rob and Al are both 36%, not great but decent. I think/hope both would benefit from playing alongside KL with him being the primary ball handler so both could be more of a spot up shooter. They both seem to shoot much better in that role.

All that being said I hope Archie is still looking to bring in a Zeisloft-type grad transfer just in case my crimson-colored glasses are too rosy :)

(1) Is Kaufman also considering reclassifying and (2) does anyone have an inside track on whether he's close to committing anywhere? On the only other reputable site, it was mentioned that some thought he didn't want to go to the same school as Lander. That makes absolutely no sense to me as they're a PG and a PF/SF.@Chris007 - where's your intel here? ;)

That’s based on the fact that they have had 3 years to play together on the AAU circuit and have chosen not to play together. This is all off of Snow’s take on the situation. He never said they wouldn’t play together just pointing out they have had plenty of opportunities to do so and haven’t

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am happy for Khristian and the entire IU staff for this great get. I have an inside source on this one that I didn’t even know I had. His bedroom has always been Michigan so I’m pumped that the IU family was able to pull this off . Lander is just what this team needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

51 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I hope someone (not me!) starts a game thread soon for POTFB game.  I just went to GBI and read their Lander thread, got me all wound up lol.  

Let me guess. Morton is better and they never wanted Lander. Probably threw in that Lil' Archie can't coach and they own us.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I was asked to keep this quiet but I will say there is more coming. I mean who doesn't want to play with the #1 PG. The offense runs best when you have two guards who can handle the ball. Rob & Lander will be great together. Love this commit especially if he can get in the class of 20 but this is just a start. Stay Tuned!!!

Any concern Lander may decide not to come to IU if he for some reason can’t reclassify to 2020? 

22 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Let me guess. Morton is better and they never wanted Lander. Probably threw in that Lil' Archie can't coach and they own us.

Moreso, the last two.  General IU bashing, got me more tweaked than an Mountain Dew espresso lol

Not going to lie. This has me pretty pumped up. Especially as a 2020 option which appears likely to be the case.

I think Kaufman is next for 2021. Love him. Don’t know his timeline but it seems too early. I’m in no hurry.

Curious if Lander is 2020, who else are we looking at?

We are equal on schollies now but I expect 1 or maybe 2 Transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would think Kaufman is a top 3 candidate for that and we WILL get him. Especially coming off back to back state championships (fingers crossed).

Lander wasn’t likely the favorite for Mr. Basketball in the first place due to the rest of his team and success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app