Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Women's Soccer

'21 Ryleigh Anslinger attends Evansville Memorial HS.

I am extremely excited to announce that I have committed to Indiana University to continue my academic and soccer career. Thank you to all who have pushed me and supported me along the way! Go Hoosiers

Background Story

Hudl

'21 Ryleigh Anslinger attends Evansville Memorial HS.
I am extremely excited to announce that I have committed to Indiana University to continue my academic and soccer career. Thank you to all who have pushed me and supported me along the way! Go Hoosiers
Background Story
Hudl

I don’t really like those hudl highlights. My daughters team uses hudl and is cool how it can Talley stats for a game automatically just by loading the video. but the highlight videos are hard to track and know who the player to watch is.

My daughter is probably a d2 level player and we are learning how to use iMovie to make a video. More work than hudl but we need to spend some time experimenting with hudl.

She did get guard that girl who “committed” to IU as an 8th grader recently. One through ball that fortunately got deflected fooled her and she lost her but otherwise she did a good job keeping her quiet.

We have not played against this girl who committed but there are a handful of really good players in central Indiana that she plays with or against and it will be fun over the next few years to see them in person.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

RIP Tracy Grose

The Indiana Women's Soccer program is saddened by the death of former Hoosier All-American, Tracy Grose (1994-1999). Grose was 43 years old.  Grose is regarded as one of the best Indiana Women's Soccer players in program history. She tallied a staggering 81 total points in her collegiate career with 32 goals and 17 assists.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/10/6/womens-soccer-iuws-mourns-the-loss-of-tracy-grose.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1NTnMsXtj-2ttpXzzLSRhXToVN0xJ8eaaHH8IiB_W3Rsry4f_wquxEW48

SIGNING DAY

Midfielder from Rochester, Michigan, Ava Akeel

Forward from Santa Claus, Indiana, Haley Osborne!

Forward from Dix Hills, NY, Jordyn Levy

Midfielder from Dumont, New Jersey, Kelly Monaco

Midfielder from Montclair, New Jersey, Sydney Masur! Image

Haley Osborne, Jordyn Levy, Sydney Masur and Kelly Monaco will be joining us this January. Ava Abu-Akeel and Ryleigh Anslinger will in Bloomington this summer.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/11/11/womens-soccer-iuws-welcomes-2021-signing-class.aspx

Indiana Women's Soccer has announced that Camille Hamm has signed her National Letter of Intent to join the program.  A defender from San Marcos, California, Hamm will join the Hoosiers upon graduation from San Marcos High School. She is currently competing with her club team the San Diego Surf.  A daughter of Jason and Andrea Hamm, she three siblings, Olivia, Grace and Colton. She plans to study Criminal Justice at Indiana.

Hamm joins a strong 2021 class which includes Ava Akeel, Ryleigh Anslinger, Jordyn Levy, Sydney Masur, Kelly Monaco, and Haley Osborne. To see the other 2021 signees, CLICK HERE.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and text

Indiana women's soccer Head Coach Erwin van Bennekom announced the 2020-21 schedule on Friday afternoon. The 11-match slate features five home games and six road games against Big Ten Conference opponents.  The schedule also includes a regional playoff weekend from April 8-11, consisting of one or two non-conference matchups against Big Ten opponents. The exact format, dates, times, opponents and locations are to be announced at a later date.

The four-team, Big Ten Conference Tournament will be played on the weekend of April 15-18, consisting of the semifinals and a championship game to be played at the highest remaining seed.

"First and foremost, we are very thankful to all IU staff members for their dedication in creating an opportunity for a Big Ten season this Spring," van Bennekom said. "Our coaching staff and student-athletes are grateful to return to competition. We are excited to take the field and compete in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. Our schedule is filled with some of the best teams not only in the Big Ten, but also in the country."

HOME MATCHES

Rutgers (Feb. 25), Iowa (Feb. 28), Illinois (March 13), Michigan State (March 18), Wisconsin (March 21)

AWAY MATCHES
Northwestern (Feb. 20), Penn State (March 4), Maryland (March 7), Ohio State (March 25), Michigan (March 28), Purdue (April 3)

IUWS 2020-21 Schedule

Indiana Women's Soccer has announced that Jamie Gerstenberg has signed her National Letter of Intent to join the program.  
A goalkeeper from Birkenwerder, Germany, Gerstenberg currently plays for her club team FFC Turbine Potsdam.  Gerstenberg has also competed for the U19 and U17 German National Teams.  A daughter of Detlef and Christiane Gerstenberg, she has one brother, Tim.

Jamie Gerstenberg joins a strong 2021 class that signed in November which includes Ava Akeel, Ryleigh Anslinger, Jordyn Levy, Sydney Masur, Kelly Monaco, Haley Osborne and Camille Hamm. 

image.png.945cf0c76de60eb587a2353677f7d87f.png

Indiana-Michigan State Women’s Soccer Match Postponed

The women's soccer match, originally scheduled on Wednesday, March 17, between Indiana and Michigan State, has been postponed due to COVID-19 issues within the Spartans' program.

The match has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 31, at Bill Armstrong Stadium with kick off at 12 p.m.

Next up, Indiana is scheduled to face-off against the Wisconsin Badgers in Bloomington at Bill Armstrong Stadium on Sunday at 1 p.m.