Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Offered today.   5-star both 247 and Rivals.  6'8" 180 lbs. from Old Redford Preparatory in Southfield, MI.    He's #17 national rank and #3 PF rank on 247.  Rivals ranks hi #20 nationally.  Played AAU on The Family on the Nike circuit; playiing in just 10 games on the 17U squad and only averaged 4 min./game.  Despite limited minutes he shot 25-51 (49%) from the field; hit 5-10 3's and 7-10 FT's.   He averaged 5 reb./game and had 23 blocks in 40 minutes of total court time.  He also only committed 4 TO's.

Future 150

Rivals

ESPN

Lost track of him so a little catching up in order.

Transferred to Spire Academy OH this fall and plays on same team with LeMelo Ball and Rocket Watts.  Listed as 6’9” on the Spire roster.  Thus far, Spire is 11-0 on the season.  These are his stats for 9 of the 11 games.

18 pts.

18 pts; 15 reb; 11 blks.

10 pts; 10 reb

11 pts.; 8 reb; 5 blks.

5 pts; 8 reb; 5 blks

12 pts; 11 reb; 6 blks

12 pts; 13 reb; 6 blks; 4 assts.

16 pts; 12 reb; 7 blks.

16 pts; 13 reb.

I miss having guys like a George Leach, Jeffrey Newton, or DJ White on the team who can disrupt an opponent's offense with shot blocking.  This kid's shot blocking stats seem ridiculous.  I don't like that he is now associated with the Ball family, but that isn't reason enough to not like a player from another family.

5 minutes ago, ray said:

I miss having guys like a George Leach, Jeffrey Newton, or DJ White on the team who can disrupt an opponent's offense with shot blocking.  This kid's shot blocking stats seem ridiculous.  I don't like that he is now associated with the Ball family, but that isn't reason enough to not like a player from another family.

Deron has me questioning any block stats at the high school level. Pretty sure his were impressive and he can't protect anything 

36 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Deron has me questioning any block stats at the high school level. Pretty sure his were impressive and he can't protect anything 

Deron has half as many blocks (8) as Juwan (16) this season in about 1/3 as many minutes.  Juwan leads the team.  I know Deron had ridiculous numbers in high school, which may have been due to competition (much smaller players??), but he still leads the team in blocks per minute by a good margin.  However, he is nowhere near as disruptive as the guys I mentioned (and I can't imagine he ever will be because I don't think he has the athleticism that those other guys do).  In his defense, though, I sometimes wonder if he plays too carefully (concerned about fouling) after being called for about 5 fouls per 8 minutes throughout his career (I admit that number is exaggerated, but you get my point).

But, yeah, I see your point.  I had hopes that Peter Jurkin might become an All-American (based on stats and highlights).  Ha!

4 hours ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Yeah, pretty sure he has the high school block record for Colorado.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Five-star junior Isaiah Jackson has left Spire Institute and enrolled at Waterford Mott High School in Michigan, a source told @Stockrisers.

He left a public school in Michigan last fall to transfer to Spire.  Unusual to see a kid return to a public school from one of the basketball factories.   From the school's website:  "Waterford Mott High School, a Michigan Blue Ribbon Exemplary School, provides students with a rigorous academic environment that encourages students to become critical thinkers and problem solvers. Our students are challenged to excel and have a proud tradition of succeeding that goal. More than 92% of Waterford graduates go on to college each year with impressive results. Many earn numerous college scholarships to assist in their post-secondary education pursuits. Mott High School is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and hold state accreditation."

The school is located near Pontiac, MI.

Probably pretty safe to say he's off the board as far as we're concerned and maybe that's not all that bad.  Personally, 4 high schools in 4 years bothers me - - can't get along with coaches; can't get along with teammates; oversized ego?

Adam Zagoria - 

Isaiah Jackson, the 6-foot-9, 195-pound power forward from Waterford Mott High School (MI), remains wide open in his recruitment despite the fact that his 247 Crystal Ball is at 100 percent for Michigan State, his father told ZAGSBLOG.  “That’s just so far from the truth, that’s just what media guys have been printing,” Wesley Jackson Sr., Isaiah’s father, said Wednesday by phone of the perception that his son is a lock to Michigan State.  “Isaiah’s recruitment is open. Just about every school has voiced interest besides maybe North Carolina. That’s the only big school that we haven’t talked to.”  Wesley listed Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, Kansas, Arizona, Alabama, Maryland, Illinois and Oregon among those involved.  St. John’s recently offered after head coach Mike Anderson watched him at Peach Jam.Jackson, who is ranked the No. 3 power forward in 2020 by 247Sports.com, spent last season at SPIRE Academy in Ohio alongside LaMelo Ball and Michigan State commit Rocket Watts.  Now he’s headed to Waterford Mott, his fourth high school in four years. Playing with The Family at the Peach Jam last week, Jackson averaged 10.6 points and 5.6 rebounds and impressed a slew of coaches. He played in front of Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Kentucky’s John Calipari and Michigan State’s Tom Izzo, among others.