Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

tortex28

(2019) SG James Bouknight to UCONN

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

Nice stroke in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He does appear to have good overall form and a nice release, but it looks to me like he brings his shooting arm a little too far inside as he elevates. It’ll be interesting to see his game-to-game percentages because I’d put my money on him being a little streaky at this point. If he can push that arm out a tad without altering his form he’ll be able to maintain his line of sight and up those percentages.

6 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

He does appear to have good overall form and a nice release, but it looks to me like he brings his shooting arm a little too far inside as he elevates. It’ll be interesting to see his game-to-game percentages because I’d put my money on him being a little streaky at this point. If he can push that arm out a tad without altering his form he’ll be able to maintain his line of sight and up those percentages.

Eh some people just have different shooting forms. Look at Jordan Hulls. Unless you’re Markelle Fultz I think it’s fine

I'm really getting the impression James has moved to the top of our SG list. Seems very talented but like Jake his Strength and conditioning might be a bit lacking. Seems to have loads of potential. 

Pin addition the more we see Archie recruiting the more it looks to me like he expects to lose somebody else we don't know about to the pros

What is the take on this kid? He seems to be moving up the rankings some but the offer list isn't overly impressive. Is that because of the injury and the fact that he's starting to make more noise so more offers coming in? Just wondering since I don't necessarily see us taking this kid and Newman if he wants to come to IU. 

40 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

What is the take on this kid? He seems to be moving up the rankings some but the offer list isn't overly impressive. Is that because of the injury and the fact that he's starting to make more noise so more offers coming in? Just wondering since I don't necessarily see us taking this kid and Newman if he wants to come to IU. 

Really liked him in the game yesterday. Athleticism really popped and, yeah, his release is a little funky, but the arc and backspin were gorgeous. But he didn’t look like a secondary creator at all. Looked like a pure 2. With the PG’s and CG’s CAM has offered, is he looking for 2 guards in this class?

9 hours ago, VO5 said:

Eh some people just have different shooting forms. Look at Jordan Hulls. Unless you’re Markelle Fultz I think it’s fine

That kind of emphasizes my point though. Depth perception is a big factor in shooting accurately and Hulls’ shooting arm never broke his line of sight. I’m not saying he can’t be a decent shooter with his form, but I think he has the platform to be a consistently high percentage shooter if he makes a couple minor adjustments.

Right now, I’d compare him to Damezi in terms of shooting ability. Damezi has a good release and the ability to square his body and hit shots he shouldn’t hit, but he’s a streaky shooter who also has a tendency to shoot from right in front of his face. That said, Damezi has more to work on in terms of shot development than this kid at the moment.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, Stuhoo said:

This particular player's situation seems to be the style of courtship that could come to fruition in a hurry.

Jake is a really, really charismatic kid, and after seeing VCU and UConn, IUBB will blow him away if he visits.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, Stuhoo said:

No inside information, but here's why:

When a relatively under-recruited player gets his first taste of big-boy attention and it comes from a school with a great reputation, a school where his buddy is thriving, and a school that his AAU coach can vouch would be a great choice, a visit is more likely to turn into a commitment than usual. 

Examples? Sheehey and Oladipo; both rated in the 140's and both became Hoosiers in a (relative) split second.

3 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

On ITH today, Corey Evans said to keep eyes on Bouknight. Said he spoke highly of IU last week and that Bruiser Flint was making him a priority.

Would not be the least bit surprised. Newman may very well be a Purdue lean and it seems like Bouknight has a similar skill set.

Really don’t want Purdue to get Newman but I’m ok with Bouknight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we're gonna see Bouknight jump up in the next rankings. I won't be surprised if he's top 40-50 in the final rankings. I think we need to scoop him up soon. This kid is a big time baller... I think his injury has kept blue bloods away from him...for now anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app