Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

tortex28

(2019) SG James Bouknight to UCONN

I hope we can get him on campus in the near future.

Mo Creek committed to IU before visiting the campus, but that is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Zagoria - 

James Bouknight, the 6-foot-5, 185-pound shooting guard from the MacDuffie School (MA) and the PSA Cardinals, plans to cut his list to five on Friday after impressing high-major coaches during the last few weeks.  Bouknight, who returned just before Peach Jam from a torn meniscus suffered in January, took an unofficial visit to Seton Hall on Tuesday and has official visits planned to Miami (Sept. 7-9) and UConn (Sept. 14-16).  He is also considering taking an official to Indiana.  “Most of the schools recruiting me right now said I’ll come in and play right away and I’ll be an impact player so that’s mostly the schools I’m looking at,” the Brooklyn native said Wednesday by phone.  As for the Seton Hall visit, he is being recruited by head coach Kevin Willard and assistant Duane Woodward.  “It was good,” he said.  “I liked what the coaching staff had to offer me.  They think that I can come in an be a great impact player with Myles Powell being a senior, and Ant [Nelson] being there.  I think we got a lot of firepower.  His first official visit will be to Miami next month.  “It’s a great campus, great coach, great staff” he said.  “And they just want me to come in and play, and be an impact player.”  Bouknight has already visited UConn unofficially and will now take an official.  “[They say] that I’m one of their No. 1 priorities and they would love to have me come in and play right away tremendous minutes,” he said. He may also take an official to Indiana.“I’m talking about going on a visit to Indiana,” he said.  “I’m going to cut my list down to five really, really soon.  Probably this week.  ”He said Miami and UConn will make the list, and he’s still figuring out the other three.

After returning from injury and then dropping 33 points at Summer Jam Fest, he really helped his recruitment.  "Yeah, I think I had a great end of the summer,” he said.  “When I started to play coming back from the injury, the expectations for me weren’t as high as I thought they should be.  So me coming in an putting up big numbers and scoring the ball a lot, I think that was a big plus for me.”

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

Really want him. Uconn is the only school that scares me here

Sounds like you should be scared of Miami too based on his own words. Although it's the first official so presumably he'll make it out of there.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/08/08/james-bouknight-planning-to-cut-list-sets-two-official-visits/