Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

tortex28

(2019) SG James Bouknight to UCONN

This seems like the type of offer to persuade Newman/Franklin to commit. Nonetheless he looks like a pretty good recruit with his stock on the rise after being out for most of the spring with an injury. Good offer by the staff

Hmmmm.....

We're his best offer.  Looks like he took 4 unofficial visits in June, and didn't commit to any of them.  So he may be ready to make a decision, but isn't sold on his offers.  What was our connection to PSACardinals?  

In the highlights he looks great (of course).  High flying, plays full speed.  Athleticism and length you can't teach.  I'm sure after 3 weeks with Coach Cliff his vertical will be approximately 52".  Obviously a tall guard, which is great.  I suspect if we got to watch more of him, we'd see some careless plays or something.  

Nope.  Just saw the article DYTHoosier posted.  That really helps explain things.  He missed April and most of the summer stuff while recovering, and puts up 33 pts in his first game back.  Um, this guy could be a big catch.  It will be interesting to see if he ends up on campus here in the next few weeks.

From The MacDuffie School, a high-end $45,000+ per year private prep school in Western Mass. Also has high-end athletics for financial needs students. 

Power 5 recruits from MacDuffie?

1. Jordy Tshimianga (sp), the seven footer who bailed on Nebraska this week, and 
  2. Brad Calipari, that son-of-a-.......basketball coach at Big Blew.

Given that Archie and the Millers are close with Calipari, it is possible that Cal clued Archie in on a kid that UK wasn't going to pursue.

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

We're his best offer.  Looks like he took 4 unofficial visits in June, and didn't commit to any of them.  So he may be ready to make a decision, but isn't sold on his offers.  What was our connection to PSACardinals?  

Connecticut fans would be "shocked" if he goes elsewhere...but I think that's too ambitious. But I think Forrestor played for PSA but I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Connecticut fans would be "shocked" if he goes elsewhere...but I think that's too ambitious. But I think Forrestor played for PSA but I could be wrong. 

Spot on! It's a Jake Forrester connection:

"After winning a state title during his junior year at the Westtown School, 6'9" Jake Forrester was an integral part of the PSA Cardinals' success. Terrence "Munch" Williams, the director of the PSA Cardinals, said of the Pennsylvania native, "He's a great kid. He's going to go off and do some amazing things. He's going to have a very good college career. I think he's going to have a big senior year at Westtown."

Both 247 and Rivals rate him as 4-star.  247 has him #95 nationally; 14th ranked SG; #2 ranked in Massachusetts.  Rivals ranks him as #115 nationally.  Kinda hard to rank a kid who missed virtually the entire AAU circuit playing against elite competition doncha think?  

Short article from July and his appearance in the Peach Jam   https://usatodayhss.com/2018/video-james-bouknight-of-the-psa-cardinals-had-a-retro-javale-mcgee-like-block-at-peach-jam

Rivals

ESPN

30 minutes ago, Jam said:

Lots of IU offers accumulating. No one seems to be leaping at them.

This particular player's situation seems to be the style of courtship that could come to fruition in a hurry.

Jake is a really, really charismatic kid, and after seeing VCU and UConn, IUBB will blow him away if he visits.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

This particular player's situation seems to be the style of courtship that could come to fruition in a hurry.

Jake is a really, really charismatic kid, and after seeing VCU and UConn, IUBB will blow him away if he visits.

What makes you think that (just curious)? And I hope he comes to visit too. I think he'll get to be top 70 in rankings when it's all said and done.

3 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

What makes you think that (just curious)? And I hope he comes to visit too. I think he'll get to be top 70 in rankings when it's all said and done.

No inside information, but here's why:

When a relatively under-recruited player gets his first taste of big-boy attention and it comes from a school with a great reputation, a school where his buddy is thriving, and a school that his AAU coach can vouch would be a great choice, a visit is more likely to turn into a commitment than usual. 

Examples? Sheehey and Oladipo; both rated in the 140's and both became Hoosiers in a (relative) split second.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Honestly first impression hes probably a better fit for Archies system than Newman. 

Would love to know what the people who understand basketball better than me have to say about that. 

Plus always good to have a pipeline out east.  

I was actually thinking the same thing. We've had a lot of interest in New York and surrounding areas and I'm waiting for Flint and Archie's ties to pay off out East. I really like the length and play making of this kid.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

In the highlights he looks great (of course).  High flying, plays full speed.  Athleticism and length you can't teach.  I'm sure after 3 weeks with Coach Cliff his vertical will be approximately 52".  Obviously a tall guard, which is great.  I suspect if we got to watch more of him, we'd see some careless plays or something.  

Nope.  Just saw the article DYTHoosier posted.  That really helps explain things.  He missed April and most of the summer stuff while recovering, and puts up 33 pts in his first game back.  Um, this guy could be a big catch.  It will be interesting to see if he ends up on campus here in the next few weeks.

There it is! 

lgr0cAE.jpg

Love this offer. Extremely athletic to go along with what *looks* like solid shooting. Seems to have nice touch around the rim as well.

Isn’t it great that we can offer someone like this late in the game and be excited? Beats the hell out of some random kid nobody has heard about.

7 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Love this offer. Extremely athletic to go along with what *looks* like solid shooting. Seems to have nice touch around the rim as well.

Isn’t it great that we can offer someone like this late in the game and be excited? Beats the hell out of some random kid nobody has heard about.

Idk Illinois seems to be really enjoying that strategy. Maybe we just were too high strung.......nah

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Speaking of Illinois, they offered Bouknight today.   Guess they figure if it's someone Archie's interested in, they should be too.

That or no one at the local YMCA league was interested in their offer.