Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Andre Jackson, a class of 2020 SF playing for @TheCityRocks (NY), has picked up offers from Indiana and Dayton.
Pat Lawless via our own USPS

4-star    6'6" SF (Rivals) or SG (247) from Albany Academy for Boys in Albany, NY.   Rivals:  ranked 39th overall nationally.  247:  41st overall national rank; #9 SG; #1 in State of New York.

Rivals

Last month from a Syracuse.com website.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Andre Jackson, a highly-rated recruit in the 2020 Class, will visit the Syracuse University campus on Thursday, according to a source.

This will be an unofficial visit since Jackson just finished his sophomore year of high school.

Jackson is a 6-foot-6 small forward at Albany (N.Y.) Academy. He averaged about 17 points and 8 rebounds per game for the Cadets last season.

The native of Amsterdam, N.Y., is a high-flying athlete.

"He's 6-6 and can put his head on the rim,'' Jim Hart, who coaches Jackson's Albany City Rocks AAU team, said in a story published on syracuse.com last September. "I'm not exaggerating.''

Jackson is one of the fastest-rising players in the country. He is rated the No. 90 player in the 2020 class by Future150.com even though that site lists him at just 6-foot-2. Meanwhile, Rivals.com lists Jackson at 6-6 and ranks him at No. 35 in his class.

Syracuse is one of several schools that have already offered a scholarship to Jackson. He received an offer from Syracuse last September, less than a month after attending SU's Elite Camp.

Other schools to offer Jackson include Cincinnati, Iowa and George Washington.

Jackson plays AAU ball on the same team as IU target Isaiah Stewart so he's playing "up" since he's a '20 recruit.  In the earliest part of the AAU season, minutes played were reported but only for 6 of his games.  His average in those 6 games was just 9 min.

Andre Jackson '20 (SF/SG) - City Rocks     Has IU Offer  
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/20 L 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 1
4/21       DID NOT PLAY              
4/21 W 4 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0
4/22 W 7 2 4 2 4 1 2 9 1 0 0 0
4/27 L 3 1 3 1 2 0 0 3 1 1 0 0
4/28 W 3 1 1 1 5 0 0 3 1 0 0 0
4/28 W 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
4/29 W 3 1 2 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
5/11 W 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
5/12 W 4 2 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 0
5/12 W 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
5/13 W 5 2 3 1 1 0 0 3 2 3 0 1
5/26 L 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 2 1 0 1
5/26 L     DID NOT PLAY              
5/27 W     DID NOT PLAY              
5/27 L     DID NOT PLAY              
7/11 W 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 0
7/12 W 6 3 3 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0
7/12 W 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 0
7/13 L 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0
7/13 W 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
7/14 L 6   NO STATS                

Avg   2.5 55%   40%   50%   2 1 1 0 0
# Gms   18                      

FINALLY.  Found a site to get game stats on Jackson.  He's played 4 games thus far and I was able to get stats for his last 2 games.

12/15:  Albany Academy boys basketball team beat Bishop Ludden 91-42 Saturday.  Andre Jackson had 22.

12/22:  Albany Academy boys basketball team beat Newburgh Free Academy 68-55 Saturday.  Andre Jackson had 28 points 

Stockrisers.com -

Andre Jackson has seen his stock rise as much as anyone in his class over the past few months. Schools like Syracuse, Iowa, UConn, Stanford, and many others have taken notice.

Jackson took his first official visit to Iowa on October 20th and would like to take other visits.

“I’m trying to find dates to officially visit Stanford, Syracuse, and UConn,” Jackson said.

He said besides Iowa, those are the teams that have been on him the hardest since before the season has started.

“I’m comparing schedules with Syracuse to find a good day, and i’m waiting to schedule my SAT then I can plan Stanford.”

“For UConn we’re trying to figure out a day that works. It’s hard because they want me to visit for a home game and we have games always on the same day, but we want to find a date that works.”

He also said UConn was one of the only team’s that have watched him play this season. Jackson said the gym was more packed prior to the season beginning.

As for other schools that are involved that haven’t offered Jackson: “I’ve been talking to Louisville, Ohio State, and Kansas but none of those three have offered yet.”

Another short recruiting update with no mention of IU.

Stock Risers - 

Andre Jackson has seen his stock rise as much as anyone in his class over the past few months. Schools like Syracuse, Iowa, UConn, Stanford, and many others have taken notice.

Jackson took his first official visit to Iowa on October 20th and would like to take other visits.

“I’m trying to find dates to officially visit Stanford, Syracuse, and UConn,” Jackson said.

He said besides Iowa, those are the teams that have been on him the hardest since before the season has started.

“I’m comparing schedules with Syracuse to find a good day, and i’m waiting to schedule my SAT then I can plan Stanford.”

“For UConn we’re trying to figure out a day that works. It’s hard because they want me to visit for a home game and we have games always on the same day, but we want to find a date that works.”

He also said UConn was one of the only team’s that have watched him play this season. Jackson said the gym was more packed prior to the season beginning.

As for other schools that are involved that haven’t offered Jackson: “I’ve been talking to Louisville, Ohio State, and Kansas but none of those three have offered yet.”