Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

2018-2019 Rotation Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, SouthwoodKnight2012 said:

Regardless of rotation, I am ecstatic that we are much deeper from top to bottom, much more skilled on the wing, and overall our playmaking/shot making has improved.  I tell myself daily that I have to keep my expectations down and to not get over excited. 

Ah it's OK to get excited.  We've earned it.  When summer is over and it gets cold again, next year we very likely could be able to dig in and enjoy a very nice winter.  Not rushing the end of summer, just not dreading the winter to follow.  That is such a great feeling.

36 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Ah it's OK to get excited.  We've earned it.  When summer is over and it gets cold again, next year we very likely could be able to dig in and enjoy a very nice winter.  Not rushing the end of summer, just not dreading the winter to follow.  That is such a great feeling.

Absolutely.  I just feel like if our expectations are undeservingly high CAM's seat will get hot and that is the last thing I want, or he deserves.  A prime example of that is Harbaugh at Michigan currently, or I predict Holtmann at OSU soon.  They get too good ahead of schedule and fans think the dynasty should be started and rolling by year 3. 

Lots of options with this roster. Being as objective as possible this roster doesn't look like a top 10 -15 team to me. Lots of new faces, only one sure NBA talent and not a lot of proven shooters, etc. However, they should play sold D and look like one of the top 3 teams in the B1G. If IU can out-perform (for ONCE) I think they can win the conference and make a run in the tourney. 

23 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Lots of options with this roster. Being as objective as possible this roster doesn't look like a top 10 -15 team to me. Lots of new faces, only one sure NBA talent and not a lot of proven shooters, etc. However, they should play sold D and look like one of the top 3 teams in the B1G. If IU can out-perform (for ONCE) I think they can win the conference and make a run in the tourney. 

I agree unless Smith or Green is ready to be a top performer we wont be top 15. But if one of them is ready and the other is servicable we should pull it off

What are the chances Devin Davis improves this year?  Now that we have players on the perimeter that can keep teams from piling up on the block.  

I'm not sure either.  Just thought I'd throw his name into the discussion.  There's some potential there to have a nice bounce back year...

35 minutes ago, Double Down said:

What are the chances Devin  De'Ron Davis improves this year?  Now that we have players on the perimeter that can keep teams from piling up on the block.  

I'm not sure either.  Just thought I'd throw his name into the discussion.  There's some potential there to have a nice bounce back year...

Fixed it for you.  No charge.  Happens to all of us at one time or another.

Since this is the rotation thread and I’m not sure what other thread to ask on... Has anyone read Rabjohns comments on Peegs about Morgan’s NBA workouts?

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Go on....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Was actually asking sorry, not a member of Peegs. I saw a post on Twitter that said Morgan had completed quite a few workouts for NBA teams and he (Rabjohns) had some opinions/ insight as to how he (Morgan) stands after those workouts.

Well since no real thoughts on Morgan... How about Moore? Does he ever develop? Does Fitzner being here a year in anyway accelerate his progression? Would be nice to have 1 Big to produce in a needed situation.

Edited by Red1
Misspelling

42 minutes ago, RealIU said:

7 workouts scheduled so far with no agent!! Just did three the rest are coming in the next few days. There is a high level of interest for Juwan and not to mention a pretty good Euro option if he chooses that route! I know he wants to come back to IU, but his hand might be forced not too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks for the info. Found the Juwan thread later after posting. Why the opinion he would be forced out? If it would be by CAM, that wouldn’t make sense.

5 minutes ago, Red1 said:

Thanks for the info. Found the Juwan thread later after posting. Why the opinion he would be forced out? If it would be by CAM, that wouldn’t make sense.

I took that to mean he might get some offers that are too attractive to turn down.

6 minutes ago, Red1 said:

I think he was implying Morgan might get some offers that were too good to pass up not that Archie would push him out of IU.

Just now, bigrod said:

I took that to mean he might get some offers that are too attractive to turn down.

Well  obviously if that’s the case, I wish him the best of luck and team moves on.