Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Evan Fitzner to IU

8 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

You never know, getting Evan could make someone on the current roster transfer maybe ? Same thing with Romeo

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You never know, but I think Romeo (shooting guard) and now Fitzner (Center) both fill in at spots we were thin at anyway.  I'm not sure who's playing time either would cut into unless they were playing out of position.  

With the Fitzner commitment, IU should be full on scholarships. Any idea why Rothstein would be reporting the following on Twitter 30 mins ago?

“Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves is now also considering Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan, per a source. Already visited Northern Iowa and Oklahoma.”

Level of play has been the question.....so I'm going to put together his numbers against just what I would consider what I would consider power 5 conference level of play.
I'd say his a 10 mn guy given his stats at st Mary's.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Out with the old and in with the new: 

Newkirk < Phinisee

Johnson < Langford

Hartman < Anderson (since Colin was injured, healthy I think he would have contributed much more consistently)

McSwain = Forrester (being generous to Jake here since Freddie really came on late in the year. 

Priller < Fitzner

Jones < Hunter

Obviously this is a paper comparison, but am I wrong? Hasn't IU upgraded with every transition? Experience is about all that we lose....and sadly Josh didn't play like a 5th year PG very often. Priller & Jones didn't contribute anything.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! 

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Out with the old and in with the new: 

Newkirk < Phinisee

Johnson < Langford

Hartman < Anderson (since Colin was injured, healthy I think he would have contributed much more consistently)

McSwain = Forrester (being generous to Jake here since Freddie really came on late in the year. 

Priller < Fitzner

Jones < Hunter

Obviously this is a paper comparison, but am I wrong? Hasn't IU upgraded with every transition? Experience is about all that we lose....and sadly Josh didn't play like a 5th year PG very often. Priller & Jones didn't contribute anything.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! 

I think you're pretty darn close. I'd say as a FR compared to Collin, I'd still take Hartman over Anderson and a SR McSwain over FR Forrester. But potential wise Forrester absolutely. Great comparison. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I think you're pretty darn close. I'd say as a FR compared to Collin, I'd still take Hartman over Anderson and a SR McSwain over FR Forrester. But potential wise Forrester absolutely. Great comparison. 

Smith. Smith. Smith.

Just now, IU-DL said:

Smith. Smith. Smith.

I was just comparing the six players gone from last season to the 6 new ones for 18-19.

But you're right, Green, Smith and Thompson are all important pieces.  

Here is a link to what I would consider Fitzner's stats against 'decent' teams.  It represents about 1/3 of his games -- 28 games.  What's surprsing is that his usage and number are better against those teams than weaker teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O55Y7qQ8MWMd8BT_okX9ysNgkowStvc72cpe6QJRwSU/edit?usp=sharing

In those 28 games over three years, he averaged 22 minutes/game, 7.9 points, and 4.1 rebounds.  He shot 44% from the field including 41% from three.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Here is a link to what I would consider Fitzner's stats against 'decent' teams.  It represents about 1/3 of his games -- 28 games.  What's surprsing is that his usage and number are better against those teams than weaker teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O55Y7qQ8MWMd8BT_okX9ysNgkowStvc72cpe6QJRwSU/edit?usp=sharing

In those 28 games over three years, he averaged 22 minutes/game, 7.9 points, and 4.1 rebounds.  He shot 44% from the field including 41% from three.

Combined with solid to above average defense? I'll take those numbers in a heart-beat!

None of our options at Center are likely going to be all B1G, just need it not to be a glaring weakness, IMO.  

ETA: basically exactly what HoosierAloha said

5 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

UC-Santa Barbara is rediculously nice from what I've heard. I won't blame him for staying there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

My gf graduated from there.  We figured out they had made the NCAA tournament one of the years she was there.  She had absolutely no idea that had happened and felt that most other people on campus probably didn't either.  She never went to a single basketball game.

So there's that.

Not a lot of high profile schools after this kid but I can see why Archie wants him.

We are going to be a completely different looking team next season and THAT is a great thing!

I’m seriously beginning to wonder if Juwan is returning though.

Well if he isn't you better temper your expectations a lot

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk