Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Evan Fitzner to IU

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We've got an open scholarship, and we need another big guy. Is there a better grad transfer big out there we could get? Maybe, I really don't know. But, if we don't use the scholarship it goes to waste. I see nothing wrong with this. If it doesn't pan out then we don't lose anything because it's only for one year. 

This.

We have Romeo for 1 season. Surround him with the best you can get and make a run. 

When Archie flies a 6'10" grad transfer across the country for an official and dines with him at Janko's the night Romeo commits, I'm guessing we're all in. 
When Evan Fitzner sees our facilities, meets the coaching staff and players, visits his academic interests (his dad was a Stanford guy) and sees the potential of this team, I'm guessing he'll be all in too.

Wtf? I have missed this whole situation

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Guys, a big who can shoot? Anyone we add at this point is going to be asked to contribute around 8-12 minutes a game max. We already have an 8-9 man rotation set. This is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Guys, a big who can shoot? Anyone we add at this point is going to be asked to contribute around 8-12 minutes a game max. We already have an 8-9 man rotation set. This is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Insurance policy in case somebody goes down even. 

If Fitzner- or any other big man- is added to the 2018 class I assume that means DD is red-shirting. At the very least that he won't be expected to contribute much. As said above, no real downside to this....unless you're McRoberts and had hopes for that last scholly! 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

If Fitzner- or any other big man- is added to the 2018 class I assume that means DD is red-shirting. At very the least that he won't be expected contribute much. As said above, no real downside to this....unless you're McRoberts and had hopes for that last scholly! 

IMO McRoberts opted to join the team never expecting a scholly.

15 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Was Davide Moretti's visit like that?

I think so - Archie probably wants to work him out. Is that possible? At a minimum - look him in the eye and get a feel for what kind of teammate he is going to be before offering.

29 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

I think so - Archie probably wants to work him out. Is that possible? At a minimum - look him in the eye and get a feel for what kind of teammate he is going to be before offering.

That's what I was thinking. We didn't offer Moretti afterwards.

6 hours ago, Beachfront Property said:

Big difference between bringing this guy in for one year and April/Priller/Gelon in as freshman (presumably for 4 years).

As long as this guy brings a positive attitude everyday - he can’t hurt us.

I’m not trying to be the big Evan Fitzner backer, I’ve never even seen him play as far as I know, but not sure why you’re comparing him to April/Priller/Gelon? The guy was offered by Cal, Colorado, Oregon St., USC and others coming out of high school, and in three years as a 6’9” guy has shot over 40% from 3 in over 300 attempts for a really good mid-major program.