Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Juwan Morgan RETURNING For Senior Season

2 hours ago, dallas44~ said:

I suppose. But I think he was pointing out the “intent” to be here angle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And if he were going to simply use the draft process to find out what he needed to improve at and had no intention of hiring an agent, he would also be looking to sign a lease.  I guess I don't get see why this is significant one way or another.

Guys, all RealIU is saying is that there are scouts that are genuinely interested in Juwan. Just because he’s not in the top 100 list created by scouts who want to put their opinion out there does not mean there aren’t scouts who are interested. If you think you have an under the radar guy in your sights, you’re not putting him on some top 100 list. We see this every year with the draft. This is another completely plausible theory.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

On 4/15/2018 at 8:55 AM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Guys, all RealIU is saying is that there are scouts that are genuinely interested in Juwan. Just because he’s not in the top 100 list created by scouts who want to put their opinion out there does not mean there aren’t scouts who are interested. If you think you have an under the radar guy in your sights, you’re not putting him on some top 100 list. We see this every year with the draft. This is another completely plausible theory.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

So let’s say those guys have him on their radar as being, say, the 80th best player.  You certainly aren’t going to use a top 50 pick on him and even if you choose to use a very late second round pick, the proper end game isn’t to draft a guy 80th on your board.....it’s to draft a guy you like that someone else draft after you.  Morgan isn’t going to be drafted, so at best he could be getting told that “hey, we might be interested in your game enough to bring you in as an undrafted free agent.”

i just am not seeing the narrative where he is being told he could get drafted, which IMO would be the minimum necessary to convince someone who wasn’t planning on even going through the process doing so.

when Williams and Blackmon left, neither were considered draft worthy — but it was pretty much already a conclusion that each was leaving after their junior year regardless.

50 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So let’s say those guys have him on their radar as being, say, the 80th best player.  You certainly aren’t going to use a top 50 pick on him and even if you choose to use a very late second round pick, the proper end game isn’t to draft a guy 80th on your board.....it’s to draft a guy you like that someone else draft after you.  Morgan isn’t going to be drafted, so at best he could be getting told that “hey, we might be interested in your game enough to bring you in as an undrafted free agent.”

i just am not seeing the narrative where he is being told he could get drafted, which IMO would be the minimum necessary to convince someone who wasn’t planning on even going through the process doing so.

when Williams and Blackmon left, neither were considered draft worthy — but it was pretty much already a conclusion that each was leaving after their junior year regardless.

You don't need to be told you'll be drafted - he may be told that there's a summer league spot for him. I think that was similar to what led Troy and JBJ to leave. If a team tells Juwan we believe in you, need to work on these items with you, but want to do so within our organizaiton, he may have plenty of reason to leave.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can tell you for sure he was advised by the current coaches to put his name in the draft. They want him to get the feedback from NBA scouts and not just take their word for it. He was told this a couple of weeks ago. 

I could easily see him being a second round pick next year if he develops a 3 point game. 

I can tell you for sure he was advised by the current coaches to put his name in the draft. They want him to get the feedback from NBA scouts and not just take their word for it. He was told this a couple of weeks ago. 

Chris, in your opinion. Do you think
Romeo knows Juwan Morgan is coming back? Or at least intends to do so?

Just checking. So some think that signing a lease is some sort of indication he is coming back? If he got drafted wouldn't a lease even if he got stuck paying it be chump change?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Bingo. Good places are hard to find later in the year (in Bloomington).

7 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You don't need to be told you'll be drafted - he may be told that there's a summer league spot for him. I think that was similar to what led Troy and JBJ to leave. If a team tells Juwan we believe in you, need to work on these items with you, but want to do so within our organizaiton, he may have plenty of reason to leave.

But in the case of Troy and JBJ, that writing was already on the wall -- that they were looking to go pro.  Both had tested the water the year before.

In terms of Juwan getting a summer league spot somewhere, I'd say that was a given.  That really doesn't mean much.  Hell, Chris Kramer had a summer league spot with the Pacers when he graduated.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:52 PM, coonhounds said:

Just checking. So some think that signing a lease is some sort of indication he is coming back? If he got drafted wouldn't a lease even if he got stuck paying it be chump change?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe the thought process with this is not necessarily that he is definitely coming back... it is more that he is not DEFINITELY going to leave.... You are correct getting out of a lease would be easy (sub-lease or just pay with new found millions), however if he already knows for sure he isn't coming back no point in signing a lease.

I believe that his plans were to STAY and then decided to test the waters.... could he still go, yes... but I don't think he would Plan to go all along like I believe Troy & JBJ for example planned on going....

Just now, HoosierDYT said:

Has anyone else heard Morgan is gone? Logic would say he’s staying but I’m just curious if anyone else has heard this rumor.

Haven't heard a peep.

He most certainly has not gotten any feedback yet, so I am strongly assuming that even Juwan Morgan has no idea if Juwan Morgan is considering leaving yet. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Haven't heard a peep.

He most certainly has not gotten any feedback yet, so I am strongly assuming that even Juwan Morgan has no idea if Juwan Morgan is considering leaving yet. 

Thanks. I heard prior to the year he was gone for sure but it’s definitely possible this coming year’s outlook and Archie may have changed that