Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Tyra Buss - BC Aistes (Lithuania)

I was just kicking around last night and googled WNBA mock draft.  Looks like Tyra is projected as a 2nd (of 3) round pick by most sites.  Granted, I'm not too familiar with WNBA or the sites, but, thought that was pretty cool.  I didn't see Cahill's name anywhere, but will try to follow her activity

I saw her going in the second But it was before barta and Stevens declared early. I saw another with her going in round 3. The draft is misleading as hell on the women's side because almost everyone drafted is cut after the vets return from overseas. Even first rounders..

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

DRAFT PROSPECTS:

Kelsey Mitchell — Mitchell is the top scorer in Big Ten history and the second-leading scorer in NCAA history. She led the NCAA in scoring even as a freshman and she led the Buckeyes to a Big Ten championship as a senior.

Kia Nurse — Nurse is noted for her defense as much as her 13.6 points per game. She recently led UConn to 2018 Women’s Final Four. She also is a member of the Canadian National Team with Fever stars Natalie Achonwa and Kayla Alexander.

Lexie Brown — Brown is a quick, slick point guard from Duke who will likely be a first-round selection.

Diamond DeShields — DeShields is a former Tennessee star who chose to leave college after her junior year to play professionally in Turkey in 2017-18.

Myisha Hines-Allen — Hines-Allen is a very athletic, 6-2 forward who averages 14.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game.

Gabby Williams — 5-11 forward Gabby Williams has a solid all-around game, including averages of 11.1 points and 7.3 rebounds.

Azurá Stevens — A draft-eligible junior after transferring from Duke, Stevens averaged 14.7 points off the bench for the national semifinalists. Stevens was not a regular starter for UConn and her placement in the draft is a wild card, but at the very least, she makes the first two rounds one player deeper.

Victoria Vivians — Vivians is a 6-1 All-America combo guard who averages 19.7 points per game and shoots 40 percent from 3-point range.

Stephanie Mavunga — A 6-3 power forward, Mavunga turned in a 27-point, 21-rebound effort in the Big Ten semis. She is the sister-in-law of current Fever star Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga and could sneak her way into a late first-round selection.

Katelynn Flaherty — A Michigan guard whose 22.9 points per game were fifth in the country,

Tyler Scaife — Another high-scoring backcourt star who lit up scoreboards with an average of 19.4 points.

Tyra Buss — Buss is the all-time scoring leader at IU who also set school records for steals and assists. The 5-8 guard could be a WNBA draft target, but likely not before the Fever’s final selection at No. 14.

Ariel Atkins — Atkins is a versatile, 5-11 combo guard who, like Vivians or Williams, could find herself as a late-first round selection. Atkins played high school ball at Duncanville High School, the same school as retired Fever superstar Tamika Catchings.

Maria Vadeeva — Vadeeva is a 6-4 Russian center who averages 12 points and 7 rebounds for Dynamo Kursk in the Russian League. She is a young, emerging star in Russia’s national program who is WNBA draft-eligible for the first time.

Marie Gulich — Gulich is a 6-5 German-born center who led Oregon State deep in the NCAA Tournament with 17.5 points per game.

WNBA is so odd. But it is a bit more difficult considering the depth of talent, the viewership and the fact the players can get pregnant. A'Ja Wilson girl will probably dominate though. But women's basketball is getting better and more competitive. But they should probably go ahead and drop the goals to like 9 feet so we can see some dunks.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

Couldn't disagree more on lowering rims

Women's basketball is a more disciplined, fundamental game that I feel is a beautiful thing to watch without all the dunking..to be honest, dunking is really just a flashy move that anyone who truly enjoys the game of basketball in its purest form doesn't need to be entertained.

That's why "slam ball" didn't work out

I THINK a lot of guys (not all of us) feel really threatened by female athletes, that's who I usually see trying to undermine and sabotage women's sports. These beta males idolize the alphas in the NBA and don't know how to feel about the alpha females that do the same in their respective leagues. I am very comfortable in terms of self confidence and therefore can enjoy watching these alpha ladies play without having to figure out reasons how they are inferior to me. (But can they dunk?)

All that aside...back to topic
I can see buss getting at least a training camp invite somewhere here soon

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Women's basketball is a more disciplined, fundamental game that I feel is a beautiful thing to watch without all the dunking..to be honest, dunking is really just a flashy move that anyone who truly enjoys the game of basketball in its purest form doesn't need to be entertained.

I THINK a lot of guys (not all of us) feel really threatened by female athletes, that's who I usually see trying to undermine and sabotage women's sports. These beta males idolize the alphas in the NBA and don't know how to feel about the alpha females that do the same in their respective leagues. I am very comfortable in terms of self confidence and therefore can enjoy watching these alpha ladies play without having to figure out reasons how they are inferior to me. (But can they dunk?)

This is hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

WNBA is so odd. But it is a bit more difficult considering the depth of talent, the viewership and the fact the players can get pregnant. A'Ja Wilson girl will probably dominate though. But women's basketball is getting better and more competitive. But they should probably go ahead and drop the goals to like 9 feet so we can see some dunks.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

Leave the rims where they are.  I couldn't care less about the dunks, layups are worth the same anyway.  Frankly I like the more fundamental aspect of the women's game, the WNBA is easier for me to watch than the NBA.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

D3 mens team would handle any D1 women's team. 

I THINK that's why they don't play in the same league.. and I actually doubt that. You are literally proving my point with your asinine comment. I feel like you probably drive a big loud truck

You can think what you want. The girls game isn't comparable to the men's, especially in athleticism. Girls would struggle to score at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

You can think what you want. The girls game isn't comparable to the men's, especially in athleticism. Girls would struggle to score at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Okay, tell me what that has to do with the women's game. Go to any women's basketball teams Twitter or Facebook and you will find guys leaving stupid comments about dunking, layups, and how they can take (insert players name) in one on one. It's pathetic...

Its one thing if it isn't your cup of tea, but why go out of your way to insult it?

Its a different game and if you don't appreciate it..the NBA is on tv constantly and ESPN airs the NBA dunk contest and you can DVR it and watch it over and over again

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Okay, tell me what that has to do with the women's game. Go to any women's basketball teams Twitter or Facebook and you will find guys leaving stupid comments about dunking, layups, and how they can take (insert players name) in one on one. It's pathetic...

Its one thing if it isn't your cup of tea, but why go out of your way to insult it?

Its a different game and if you don't appreciate it..the NBA is on tv constantly and ESPN airs the NBA dunk contest and you can DVR it and watch it over and over again

*fedora tipping intensifies*