Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Anyone else somewhat surprised that there haven't been any staff changes announced?  In particular with our pitching coach.
Maybe the contracts outside of Mercer all expire on July 1 and whoever they retain or let go will happen around that date.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

#46.  Not bad for a cold weather climate team.

Its really not bad at all. Louisville is less than 400 fans per game ahead of us and they're an ELITE program.. with a hint of better weather. 

Firmly believe if we go back winning big, we can be 2K a game. 

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its really not bad at all. Louisville is less than 400 fans per game ahead of us and they're an ELITE program.. with a hint of better weather. 

Firmly believe if we go back winning big, we can be 2K a game. 

I don't even think "winning big" is what is needed to get back to 2k as was done during the Schwarber era.

I think simply winning at the level you did under Lemonis where you are always near the top of the Big Ten and going to NCAA's yearly would do the job there. It is awesome to strive to be at the Schwarber level but is a bar that is harder to get to. Simply get back to how you won from 2015-2019 where you are competing yearly in the conference and going to Regionals should be the goal and if you get even higher that is doable but gravy.

I really hope Mercer works out as I don't trust Dolson to hire a coach at all. As much as people were hard on Fred Glass, his hiring ability was decidedly mixed while Dolson I don't have any evidence can do it at all. At least with Glass you had a 50/50 chance of a good hire. With Dolson it is a near guaranteed strikeout unless something changes quickly with his tenure (pardon the pun).       

38 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I don't even think "winning big" is what is needed to get back to 2k as was done during the Schwarber era.

I think simply winning at the level you did under Lemonis where you are always near the top of the Big Ten and going to NCAA's yearly would do the job there. It is awesome to strive to be at the Schwarber level but is a bar that is harder to get to. Simply get back to how you won from 2015-2019 where you are competing yearly in the conference and going to Regionals should be the goal and if you get even higher that is doable but gravy.

I really hope Mercer works out as I don't trust Dolson to hire a coach at all. As much as people were hard on Fred Glass, his hiring ability was decidedly mixed while Dolson I don't have any evidence can do it at all. At least with Glass you had a 50/50 chance of a good hire. With Dolson it is a near guaranteed strikeout unless something changes quickly with his tenure (pardon the pun).       

What's the issue with Dolson? 

I don't think there was anything mixed about FGs hiring ability. I can't think of anyone he missed on, other than Archie, and it was certainly well higher than "50/50". 

We won the B1G Mercers first year, we were off and rolling his 2nd year.. could have absolutely repeated, thats the season that was cut short... finished 4th his 3rd year (covid B1G only season).. and then sure struggled after a massive rebuild, but had a good showing in the B1G tourney. 

I don't see any reason to be on the fence about Mercer. 

And yeah "winning big" like winning the big ten again like Mercer did his first year would certainly bring in more crowds. 

On 1/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, btownqb said:

What's the issue with Dolson? 

I don't think there was anything mixed about FGs hiring ability. I can't think of anyone he missed on, other than Archie, and it was certainly well higher than "50/50". 

We won the B1G Mercers first year, we were off and rolling his 2nd year.. could have absolutely repeated, thats the season that was cut short... finished 4th his 3rd year (covid B1G only season).. and then sure struggled after a massive rebuild, but had a good showing in the B1G tourney. 

I don't see any reason to be on the fence about Mercer. 

And yeah "winning big" like winning the big ten again like Mercer did his first year would certainly bring in more crowds. 

You're thinking only big sports. Bad hires in women's soccer, field hockey, water polo and a couple others at the bottom. The one good thing is because he valued all 24 sports he got rid of anyone who was not succeeding and sometimes that has gone well and sometimes not.

As for Dolson I am very unimpressed so far. Woodson hire, Allen extension, and also that he plays it to carefully with money and said the TV money from new deal is already accounted for when other schools say they have plenty to use with it. Way to careful with the finances. Maybe he turns it around but early tenure not good. I liked a lot of what Glass did besides Archie and unfortunately that defines him.

6 hours ago, Aaron said:

You're thinking only big sports. Bad hires in women's soccer, field hockey, water polo and a couple others at the bottom. The one good thing is because he valued all 24 sports he got anyone who was not succeeding and sometimes that has gone well and sometimes not.

As for Dolson I am very unimpressed so far. Woodson hire, Allen extension, and also that he plays it to carefully with money and said the TV money from new deal is already accounted for when other schools say they have plenty to use with it. Way to careful with the finances. Maybe he turns it around but early tenure not good. I liked a lot of what Glass did besides Archie and unfortunately that defines him.

Right, we all have opinions... 

.... you are blanketing Woodson as a bad or questionable hire? Haha OK.  

Crazy man. 

Allen's extension had to happen.  Just part of it, and Allen is our best shot anyway.  

Tonight we host Butler at 4:00.  Game will be televised on B1G+.

In a series that dates back to 1896, the Indiana baseball program will host Butler on Tuesday evening at Bart Kaufman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m. between the Hoosiers and Bulldogs.

With the Indiana men's basketball program hosting Iowa on Tuesday, those wishing to attend the baseball game can park for free in the RV/Auxiliary Lot located at the corner of SR 45/46 and Fee Lane. 

Gameday Info
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
IU: Ty Bothwell, LHP, R-Sr.
BU: Grant Brooks, RHP, Fr.

Live Video:   bit.ly/3xWdVxt
Live Audio:  bit.ly/IUAudio
Live Stats:  bit.ly/IUStatbroadcast