Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

From Perfect Game a list of our 2020 commitments.

Pos Ht Wt BT HS Hometown St
Costa Sirounis RHP 6-Jun 225 L-R Munster Munster IN
Alex Logusch RHP Jun-00 190 R-R De Smet Jesuit St. Louis MO
Kip Fougerousse 3B 3-Jun 207 R-R Linton-Stockton Linton IN
Zach Behrmann LHP 5-Jun 200 L-L North Central Indianapolis IN
Casper Clark RHP 6-Jun 245 R-R Columbus North North Vernon IN
Tyler Nelson SS 10-May 170 R-R Andrean Crown Point IN
Brennan Rowe SS 1-Jun 180 R-R Olentangy Liberty Powell OH

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

LHP Zach Behrmann has graduated high school a semester early and will be with @IndianaBase  this spring. Big frame at 6-foot-5, 200 pounds. Fastball up to 90 mph with a good breaking ball. Should be a nice piece for the Hoosiers' staff.

Perfect Game

Morgan Colopy (originally a Cincinnati signee) transferring to the Hoosiers.  Colopy was drafted in the 34th round by the San Fransisco Giants in June.  According to Perfect Game, Morgan Colopy was the No. 3 outfielder in the state of Ohio for 2019 and the No. 5 overall prospect in the state.

Perfect Game

These are two big, big time developments. 

Dunham Primed for 2020 Season

...He spent the summer in the New England Collegiate Baseball League where he absolutely tore apart pitching.  Dunham batted .360 with six homers and 27 RBI for the Ocean City Waves.  That was good enough for him to finish fourth overall in the league in batting average and tied for fifth in doubles.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/2/5/baseball-dunham-primed-for-2020-season.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2FODfOaQnrYByhLiw2Ci9ddg7vQ0lPZ9zpn_aUoQ3DzT8Qvm9PrbER8yw

Treylen "TJ" White @TJ_White2021

I am very blessed to announce that I will continue my academic and baseball career at Indiana University!

Hoosiers land a 2021 commitment from an outfielder/first baseman from South Carolina. He's a 6-2, 210-pound switch hitter, according to this profile:

Perfect Game

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

REMINDER:  3 more days before our season opener at LSU.  First pitch set for 8:00.  GO HOOSIERS

I think we lose all 3 to LSU or at least 2 of 3 but not gonna panic as LSU is an elite team. Its after that where we can make progress with teams in tournaments the next two weekends on neutral sites mostly at our level. 

As for the team itself I think we are pretty similar to usual as a top half Big Ten team and then head to a Regional somewhere. Our hitting should be good with Barr, Dunham, Ashley, Richardson and addition of grad transfer Fucci who had 15 home runs last year.  As long as we can solve catcher we should be really strong power and hitting team again.

My worry is pitching where we lost all our weekend starters. I really like Sommer as a number 2 and think he is ready for that. I worry about finding a legit Friday and Sunday starter. I love Gabe Bierman and he has a real future here but not sure he is ready for Friday night role yet but he is going to have to take it with trial by fire. We have had really good 2 and 3 starters for a while now but have not found that true ace since Hart graduated as Stiever and Milto were really 2's masking as 1's which is why we struggled at times on Friday but have been dominant on weekends. Could be similar this year and if Bierman really struggles on Friday I may move him to Sunday role where I think he will thrive and just pitch whoever Friday (Brown and Tucker are names I have heard will be other starters which is not exciting at all unless they are greatly improved) and hope for best and then be dominant Saturday and Sunday. Weekdays could also be an issue where we need to score a lot of runs but most teams are in that boat. It might be best just to do bullpen days after having a good fourth starter for several years now but probably don't this year. I like the arms in our bullpen but not sure any are starter quality outside Sommer and Bierman. 

We should be good for a long while though with a stable program as I really like Mercer's ability to develop players and we have a great recruiting class coming in next couple years. 

Another huge change thankfully is IU has hired Austin Render who is a student, to do online radio for all games until Murray is done with Women's Basketball so we will have radio for all games again in early season like we did when Roger Rodeheaver was here instead of providing nothing early on and led to Cassidy Palmer from iubase.com providing play by play off the live stats on YouTube. There's already a "listen" link on schedule for every game!

Excited to get season started.