Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

I think it was widely regarded that Tom Crean needed to keep Jonas Hayes on staff to help with the transition and hit the ground running. Well, Hayes accepted assistant job at Xavier, leaving the south and his alma mater behind. 

4 minutes ago, maharkn said:

How can crean get better recruits at geor gia then he got at iu

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He was doing fine at IU until he lost Kenny Johnson (which by all means ended up being a blessing). Just never found a good replacement for him. Chuck Martin was supposed to be that guy and I believe he got Thomas Bryant but also a mixed bag of recruits like Green, Cujo.

Oh and he basically angered all of the AAU/high school coaches in Indiana, which killed in state recruiting. Might just be a matter of time at Georgia or maybe he has learned how to handle differently. I would guess its the former. 

On 2/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He was doing fine at IU until he lost Kenny Johnson (which by all means ended up being a blessing). Just never found a good replacement for him. Chuck Martin was supposed to be that guy and I believe he got Thomas Bryant but also a mixed bag of recruits like Green, Cujo.

Oh and he basically angered all of the AAU/high school coaches in Indiana, which killed in state recruiting. Might just be a matter of time at Georgia or maybe he has learned how to handle differently. I would guess its the former. 

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/2/9/18218698/georgia-bulldogs-tom-crean-anthony-edwards-ncaa-basketball-2019

13 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

It is absolutely no surprise to see he is failing miserably at Georgia. The SEC is no longer a poor basketball conference and Crean is an awful coach with zero self awareness so he will never change how he does his job. Fortunately for Georgia, they have standards and won’t give that clown a decade to run their program into the ground. 

"Run their program into the ground"?  What program?  UGA has been a power?

If Crean does what he did for us, they will be tickled to death.  

There are four seasons at Georgia.

1)  Football season

2)  Football recruiting season

3)  Football signing season

4)  Spring football season

Not defending Crean, but keep in mind that disparaging post about him came from a Kentucky site. ... I haven't looked at any Georgia fan sites or blogs or posts (if there are any) and I don't intend to, but I doubt at this point they'll kick up much of a fuss about the basketball program. I wouldn't be surprised if on campus, about 90 percent of the students could tell you Kirby Smart's life story, while about 70 percent probably don't even know who Tom Crean is. LOL! 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

It is absolutely no surprise to see he is failing miserably at Georgia. The SEC is no longer a poor basketball conference and Crean is an awful coach with zero self awareness so he will never change how he does his job. Fortunately for Georgia, they have standards and won’t give that clown a decade to run their program into the ground. 

Actually he has made changes in the past. He ditched his huge playbook in favor of a dribble drive offense we saw at IU. He changed from what got him the IU job to what ended up relying on superior athletes and superior 3 point shooting and it cost him, IMO. He couldn’t consistently get the pieces to have this style and the results showed and he was fired after a decade of it. 

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not defending Crean, but keep in mind that disparaging post about him came from a Kentucky site. ... I haven't looked at any Georgia fan sites or blogs or posts (if there are any) and I don't intend to, but I doubt at this point they'll kick up much of a fuss about the basketball program. I wouldn't be surprised if on campus, about 90 percent of the students could tell you Kirby Smart's life story, while about 70 percent probably don't even know who Tom Crean is. LOL! 

Well here you go......

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/watch-georgia-coach-tom-crean-embarrassed-how-team-played-vs-ole-miss-on-lettermans-day

3 hours ago, Iugradman said:

I love it. I hope he loses every game. I'm not surprised it took less than a season for him to throw his players under the bus. Calling your team out and challenging them is one thing, essentially saying that they suck and he shouldn't have kept them is another. This is classic Crean. Constant excuse making. Sounds like he wanted another three year rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Georgia is a ten year rebuild. Georgia has always been terrible. He just has to make them into an annual NIT team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They've had more 20 win seasons than us the past 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They've had more 20 win seasons than us the past 5 years. 

That is funny. And as much as I didnt like Crean, we just might have one worse than him. That is not so funny. I have my doubts about ever seeing a 20 win season with him.

That is funny. And as much as I didnt like Crean, we just might have one worse than him. That is not so funny. I have my doubts about ever seeing a 20 win season with him.
Illinois is improving every game with a new coach. We are getting worse

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

Archie is a f****** joke and the fact everyone wants to blame this roster on Crean is a joke. I was not a Crean fan but I would gladly take him over this f****** clown. Crean literally came into this program with nothing and built the program up. This jack*** is bringing it down. I wanted Crean gone as much as the next guy but did not want Archie. This team has way to much talent to be losing these games. Hallelujah holy s*** where's the tylenol?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

giphy.gif