Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

I was discussing this with the site manager, and he couldn't believe Crean is the second highest paid coach in the SEC.  Also said "someone texted me UofE was looking at him and I about wrecked my car on the way in, thought I'd have to go home and change my shirt".

2 hours ago, pumpfake said:

Seems like a perfect fit. After all, Atlanta is the world headquarters for Coca-Cola.  He'll have diet coke and dasani anytime he wants it.

But will Coca-Cola allow him to dump that brown crap into their Dasani water? 

I wish him well. I think he's a good guy and tried his best, but it wasn't good enough and he deservedly got fired.

I have a hard time seeing him succeed consistently at Georgia....or anyplace, but fully expect some big upsets and a good season occasionally. 

6 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I wish him well. I think he's a good guy and tried his best, but it wasn't good enough and he deservedly got fired.

I have a hard time seeing him succeed consistently at Georgia....or anyplace, but fully expect some big upsets and a good season occasionally. 

I agree.  He talks a good game so I am sure the die hard, good ole boy football backers will buy in for a while.  I lived in the Augusta/Athens area for several years.  They are big time live or die SEC football crazies in that area and that is all that matter to them. 

Good to see him get another gig. He deserves another shot somewhere with expectations that aren’t as high as IU. Fans there should be pleased with what he ought to be able to do there. Now watch Georgia turn into a defensive monster....how messed up would that be?! Haha 
I could care less to be honest. He is not our coach and that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 yrs 3.2 million. That's amazing, becomes the 2nd highest paid coach in $EC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I cannot believe they paid him that much. They could of gotten somebody just as good for half that.

Late to the game in responding to this, but just wanted to join the chorus of voices that have stated how happy they are for CTC.  I think a situation like UGA is PREFECT for him.  I'm definitely surprised at the annual salary, thought.  Would not have expected them to pony up that kind of cash.

Hope he does very well there, except when they square off against Auburn!

Late to the game in responding to this, but just wanted to join the chorus of voices that have stated how happy they are for CTC.  I think a situation like UGA is PREFECT for him.  I'm definitely surprised at the annual salary, thought.  Would not have expected them to pony up that kind of cash.

Hope he does very well there, except when they square off against Auburn!
Just saw a video of crean telling dawg nation they can compete for championships. Some things will never change

Just saw a video of crean telling dawg nation they can compete for championships. Some things will never change

They can, it's just the frequency thing may be less desirable. He had one team in 9 that competed (got to FF) at Marquette and 1 team in 9 that had a good chance at IU. We flopped against Syracuse but up until late Feb we were the best team in the land.

So once every nine years he seems to have a team competing for national championships.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

What do you expect him to say "we'll be mediocre mostly, punctuated by really bad defense!"