Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Tom Crean to be next Georgia coach / 6 year 3.2 Million annually

12 minutes ago, Tak42 said:

Sean Miller to UConn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was about to say that might be a great call, but I can't really imagine any schools with pedigree, even if newfound, taking Miller until some of this FBI junk gets sorted out.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s what’s funny about it. Even Georgia won’t put up with that crap any longer. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/mark-fox-colorado-state-georgia-basketball

Looks like he could land in Fort Collins

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That’s what’s funny about it. Even Georgia won’t put up with that crap any longer. Haha.

Record is close, but best Fox got was 2 first round defeats. I think 3 sweet 16's in 5 seasons would be enough to keep Crean around.

17 minutes ago, Tak42 said:

Sean Miller to UConn

I actually wondered if he might make the triumphant return to Pitt. I think UConn is gonna go after Danny Hurley pretty hard. Pitt is a crappy job (especially being in the ACC), but he might not have many other options. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Who does Arizona go after? Any coach worth with any sense will stay away from there for awhile.

I was seriously hoping for fCTC... would have been fun to see that combo... but UGA got in the way.

2 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Regardless of opinion on coaching aptitude, must admit, thedude had one stellar agent!

One of the things I admire most about the man. At the end of the day, how many things are more important than getting paid? Think of all the people you know getting paid less than they deserve.  And I bet you this.  If any one of those people you know getting paid less than what they are worth asked Tom Crean what they should do to get what they deserve, he would probably take the time to give a solid detailed answer, and steer them in the right direction. That's so Crean.

Everyone who has posted comments about getting Crean on their 247 site are excited about the hire and think he is gonna do great things. I figured there would be a mixture of both excitement and disappointment. Even though I’m glad we don’t have him as coach at IU anymore, I guess I do understand how they can think he is a good hire for being a football school. I think he will do well enough to meet most of their expectations. There was one guy who said something like “...will get us to final fours in no time.”....sigh...don’t get your hopes up too quick there bud. 

https://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/Georgia-Bulldogs-Basketball-Tom-Crean-officially-hired-as-Georgias-basketball-caoch-116288440

7 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Record is close, but best Fox got was 2 first round defeats. I think 3 sweet 16's in 5 seasons would be enough to keep Crean around.

Uhhh yeah it's Georgia 

Everyone who has posted comments about getting Crean on their 247 site are excited about the hire and think he is gonna do great things. I figured there would be a mixture of both excitement and disappointment. Even though I’m glad we don’t have him as coach at IU anymore, I guess I do understand how they can think he is a good hire for being a football school. I think he will do well enough to meet most of their expectations. There was one guy who said something like “...will get us to final fours in no time.”....sigh...don’t get your hopes up too quick there bud. 
https://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/Georgia-Bulldogs-Basketball-Tom-Crean-officially-hired-as-Georgias-basketball-caoch-116288440

It’s Georgia. It’s Georgia. Nothing more need be said.

According to a CBS Sports story, Crean actually was U.Ga.'s fourth choice. They asked about Chris Mack and Shaka Smart, who declined, then offered to Matta. ... Guess you can't blame them for swinging for the fence. And maybe they're getting serious about basketball -- or think they're getting serious -- if they're paying $3.2 million per. But why would Smart or Mack be interested in Georgia? I read one Crean-to-Georgia story (before the official hire) where a commenter said Jay Wright would be perfect. Seriously? ... That would be like us needing a football coach and saying we should look at Mark Richt or Jimbo Fisher or Chris Petersen or Urban Meyer. ... Maybe I'm wrong, but I look at Georgia basketball as being about on par with Indiana football -- OK, maybe not quite that bad. But really, what has Georgia ever won in hoops?

According to a CBS Sports story, Crean actually was U.Ga.'s fourth choice. They asked about Chris Mack and Shaka Smart, who declined, then offered to Matta. ... Guess you can't blame them for swinging for the fence. And maybe they're getting serious about basketball -- or think they're getting serious -- if they're paying $3.2 million per. But why would Smart or Mack be interested in Georgia? I read one Crean-to-Georgia story (before the official hire) where a commenter said Jay Wright would be perfect. Seriously? ... That would be like us needing a football coach and saying we should look at Mark Richt or Jimbo Fisher or Chris Petersen or Urban Meyer. ... Maybe I'm wrong, but I look at Georgia basketball as being about on par with Indiana football -- OK, maybe not quite that bad. But really, what has Georgia ever won in hoops?

Or like us saying we are going after Billy Donovan and he is going to leave a NBA team in a playoff race almost 2 months before the season ends with the a top 3 player on the planet.