Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2018 NCAA Tournament Games

11 hours ago, CottageGrove said:

Thanks! Not sure how I got it in my head that it might be...

When we were in the Final Four in 2002, Kansas and Maryland (both No. 1 seeds) were the two best teams remaining. And it just so happened they were playing in the semifinals, while we (a 5 seed) and Oklahoma (2) were in the other semi. Dick Vitale screamed his head off that it should be re-seeded -- essentially so Kansas and Maryland could play in the finals. It made no sense, because the NCAA tourney has never re-seeded before the Final Four and as far as I know, never even considered re-seeding before the Final Four. The brackets are set, you play whoever's next and the chips fall how they may. ... I still think part of it was he was hating on us because of the Knight firing -- it was just a couple years after that and he was pals with him. It wasn't our fault that we were on one side while Kansas and Maryland were on the other. Hell, we already had beat what was considered the tournament's best team (Duke) in the Sweet 16. 

6 hours ago, Iugradman said:

No, just an angry IU fan.

I'm no different than many of the others in that on many occasions, you really rub me the wrong way with your comments.  But, I do appreciate your IU passion and your honesty in expressing how you feel.  Not always fun to read your posts, but I keep reading them nonetheless.  The two sides to every argument is what keeps this board so darn fun and interesting.   Now, having said that, maybe you could dial it back just a bit?

8 hours ago, cbp4iu said:

Xavier losing doesn’t surprise me at all. They struggled against very athletic teams this year. But man what a brutal day for the city of Cincinnati fans.

Xavier was doomed right when Tom Crean predicted them to win it all back in the preseason. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm no different than many of the others in that on many occasions, you really rub me the wrong way with your comments.  But, I do appreciate your IU passion and your honesty in expressing how you feel.  Not always fun to read your posts, but I keep reading them nonetheless.  The two sides to every argument is what keeps this board so darn fun and interesting.   Now, having said that, maybe you could dial it back just a bit?

What was wrong with his post?

All of these football schools are going to the Sweet Sixteen. Meanwhile IU, a “basketball school”, is sitting at home for the sixth time in the last decade. What a joke.

What was wrong with his post?

It was his previous post that led to the other stuff. I don’t think it was so much the post but if you go into every thread there will be some variation of that post multiple times daily. I think that’s where people get annoyed. Just feels like he posts like a country singer at the end of the bar drunk. Except it wasn’t his dog that was killed, it was IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It was his previous post that led to the other stuff. I don’t think it was so much the post but if you go into every thread there will be some variation of that post multiple times daily. I think that’s where people get annoyed. Just feels like he posts like a country singer at the end of the bar drunk. Except it wasn’t his dog that was killed, it was IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Or IU wasn't his dog - it was his ex who ran off with Fred Glass